Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chicks w/K5's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Apr 2, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Chicks w/K5\'s

I am starting to see some chicks driving K5's. That's awesome!! I have seen a couple of posts by that Blazn Grrl. The other day I saw a scary sight when I was in Pratt, KS. My friend has a '79 K5 with a huge lift and big tires. I guess he let his gf drive it somewhere and she had a minor fender bender. It was with a lil' Honda and the Blazer basically drove over the top of this car. I saw the seen after it just happened. The Blazer suffered minor scratches. Oh and everyone was ok. Dang I forgot to mention the Honda was parked in a parking lot outside of Dillons and guess she wasn't paying attention!! She recieved high honors for that one. I'm proud of her, that's the only way to take foreign car companies head on!!

Alex

"What me get stuck? NEVER!!"(Famous last words)

2. Grey Thunder

Grey Thunder Registered Member

Home: Ojai, Ca......School:Santa Cruz, Ca
    Re: Chicks w/K5\'s

that is a good way to deal with the foriegn cars but you should have a talk with your buddy about why he let her drive it.... thats a scary thought.. to have my girl drive my truck....NO WAY IN HELL

dj

3. Blazin'Grrl

Blazin'Grrl Registered Member

I love driving my Blazer....I don't think I could drive anything smaller.....and the only people that have driven my truck are girls; never had an accident or incident. (None of us "granny drive" either!) You shouldn't be so judgemental of the oppisite gender, cause you can't judge a book by the cover! (haha...now that was corny) Anyway, there's a lot of chicks driving trucks out there, you just gotta look harder....since you expect a guy to be driving anything big! You guys crack me up:)

<font color=purple>Sarah</font color=purple>
    <font color=purple>[​IMG]'83 K-5 Silverado Blazer[​IMG]</font color=purple>

4. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.

Easy there Sarah... If I didn't like the Name Sarah so much, I'd have to stop by and harass you on my way to Michigan next time I"m headed home.... For the most part, (in my area anyway) almost all trucks are driven by guys, and the ones that are women, are... Well pretty manly.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

5. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

My wife can drive the hell out of my K5, of course it comes from the lack of concern for breaking somthing. Tell me if i'm wrong but when most of us are on a trail we navigate it and find the best track to save wear. When my wife drives she just looks dead ahead and goes for it. Lucky for me nothing has broke on the trail yet,while she is driving and then I have to listen to her tell me how good she did and that I could not have done that better. She will never understand that I could do it but why abuse my Baby like that when there is an easier way.

74 K5

Leave it like you found it, or better!

6. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

I live up in the high desert of Ca so its no big deal seeing women driving chevy's with 6"lifts and 35'sand even bigger trucks I even see allot of furds on the roads like the exploders and those boats with lifts being driven by women its a status symbol.

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Okay, settle down guys. I'm CanmoreK5's wife and I'm pretty damn good at driving our K5. I'm far from being manly... you could only be so lucky to have someone as sexy as me behind your wheel. Chevs are for babes, Volvos are for the ugly ones.

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Uhoh, dudes. Mama just called me to the computer look at her first post on ColK5....Good thing you guys started that thread and not me...........HEAD FOR COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Hey there... by the sound of that post, Im going to have to come there to Canmore just to see how sexy!! [​IMG]
    Although my wife fits the bill as well pretty good, she refuses to drive the truck. Which is just fine by me!

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

10. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

I have spent my life searching for a girl worthy to drive me truck. Still havent found her, but I know she will be able to drive just fine.
    BTW CANMORE K5's WIFE. Now you should have to show us a picture of you in all your sexiness. And give me some tips on finding a 4 wheel badgirl.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>harder, faster, longer, stronger</font color=blue>

11. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

...way too much testosterone in this post!!

(oh yeah , and estrogen too!)

Boy, sure would like to see some pics of those female members though! (Shhhh.....my wife is around the corner and wouldn't know what to do with my truck besides take the kids to school in it! Trust me - in her SHO 225hp Furd she sure likes to drive FAST) [​IMG] [​IMG]

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

12. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Well I know a lot of females that own and work on their own trucks (of cource they are Chevy's). Some do damn well offroading them too. So if she 4-by that's great for them. Now the bit about a forein cars, I hope ya have good insurance if you go over my Porsche!!!

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hahahah my wife was behind the wheel when my 79 was stuck the worst ever! She ran it through a huge mud hole that guys with 35's were getting stuck! the exit has a bad lip on it and when foward progress stopped the front tires were in the air and the tail pipes were under mud and the frame was planted on a berm. Mud was comming in around the gate also. Truck that was in front of us the got to yank us free was a s15 jimmy. Looked like a mad puppy trying to yank us out.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

14. Blazin'Grrl

Blazin'Grrl Registered Member

Here's a pic, I definitely don't look manly [​IMG]

ps. this is an old pic, I'll have new ones in a few days

sorry, go here: http://www.geocities.com/quikslam/sarah.jpg
    <font color=purple>Sarah</font color=purple>
    <font color=purple>[​IMG]'83 K-5 Silverado Blazer[​IMG]</font color=purple>

15. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

hmmmmmm where's the pic sarah? haha i think it's cool you have a blazer. keep it real!!

alex

"What me get stuck? NEVER!!"(Famous last words)

16. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

You know, shouldn't the thread say instead of "Chicks with K5's" Ladies or Women with K'5's?? The last time I checked Women or Ladies were not yellow fuzzies with orange feet.

17. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I finally had to show my wife how to lock the hubs in with the rear wheels buried in 6 inches of clay. She tried to turn around in a clay washout, "It looked dry." Then she drove it out and now feels invincible. Now I'm scared.

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

18. Christian Talley

Christian Talley Registered Member

About an hours drive southwest of Chicago, out in

This must be getting close to some kind of a record for thread views. When I saw the 300+ views I had to check it out. No really, it wasn't the mention of the word chick that lured me in. But seriously, I'm all about ladies driving trucks. Keep up the good work Sarah and take your girlfriends with you next time you go wheelin. See how they like it.

19. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Is it my puter or didnt that pic show up? You know its probably chauvenist and not very modern but I am going to try to get a couple of nice looking bikini clad beauties to pose with my truck for some nice (tasteful BTW) photos to put in the album. I dont see anything wrong with some pics like that but all the magazines have basically stopped printing them. Guess thats a sign of the times. What do the ladies think on here? Is it wrong? Just curious! [​IMG]

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

20. Christian Talley

Christian Talley Registered Member

About an hours drive southwest of Chicago, out in

It didn't come up on mine either. We're waiting ladies.