Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chief hydraulic steering

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddyblzr, Nov 16, 2005.

1. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

Anybody here run this stuff? i found a good deal on an orbital valve and rear steer valve along with 2 2x8 chief hydraulic rams and resvoir all brand new. and was wondering how good this brand was. ive never heard of them. anyone have any experience or hear anything about them?

2. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Chief rams work just fine they are cheap 50$ is what I paid for mine. I've run it for a year and no problems yet and I drive to the trails 40 min. or so!

3. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

which ram are you running? the one in the setup is 2'' bore 8'' stroke. im trying to figure out if it would be any cheaper or better over the tractor supply ram, a orbital off of polyperformance and a fluid resoviour from summit.
    do you remember how much your cost you total? did you run a chief orbital as well?

4. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I run the 2x8 ram, I'm only using it to assist not full hydro. I have 79$ in the ram , fittings, and 2 hoses from northern tool!

5. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

ahh i c. the guy is gonna get me some pics. ive never heard of chief hydraulics until now so im gonna call around a few shops and see what they say. im hoping this is a good deal it will sure save me a ton of time trying to piece it all together.