Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Child Shot With BB Gun Suffers Stroke

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chalet2506, Mar 9, 2007.

1. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Story here.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/11212220/detail.html?rss=dfw&psp=news

This got me to thinking - my little brothers got a scar in his thigh were I tagged him with a .177 pellet. And, if welts left dimples, he'd look like a golf ball because when I played sniper, he was always the commie.

AAAAhhhhhhhhhh. Those were the good ol days.

2. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

sweet more ammo for the anit-gun crowd:(

I especially like the part where they say the safest thing is to not have guns at all.:doah:

I think Ill just stick to teaching my kids about gun safety and keep my guns. when I was growing up there were loaded guns laying around all the time and while I dont not agree with my father's ideas of just leaving them laying around unattended and loaded I always knew what would happen to me if I messed with them.

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

FYI:

AMA (American Medical Association) are nothing more than a pinko think-tank:mad: :mad: !

The main cause of child deaths are poisoning and drownings.

Let's see; no more bathtubs, pools, 5 gallon buckets, sinks, cleaning supplies, etc, etc......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I've never been asked by the pediatrician if we keep guns, but I'm waiting for the opportunity. I like the part about the "bullet" getting stuck in his head.

I saw a little of it on the news when it happened. Typical T.V. boo hooie Mom talking about they shouldn't sell these dangerous weapons to children. Her house, her job to teach and discipline, and it's someone else's fault. Nice.

5. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Amen to that.

Go to the head of the class :bow: :bow: !

6. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Funny how the AMA doesn't seem to be able to admit ANY of it's members may be incompetent or make mistakes and KILL patients who placed their trust in them.
    Jimbo

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm
    92 kids hit with a bb since 2004.
    I think I got hit with 92 bbs in 1984. We used to have bb gun fights while riding our 3-wheelers. Oh wait, they banned those also.
    Slim chance of a bb hitting you with enough force to go through all the layers of the skin(I've had mabey 4) and even less of a chance of it entering a main artery and going into your brain. How many times has this happened? Just because it can happen, doesen't mean that it will happen again or always will happen. People need to get over themselves.

Ya know.........Kids today are just not tough enough to be expected to carry on the human race. If that kid had spent more time outside playing in the sun and falling off of stuff, his skin would have been thicker and the bb would have bounced off of him. But because his mommy lets him be a baby and spend most of his time inside, attached to her apron strings, he is even weaker now than before. I guess I miss the days of natural selection of the human race. If you were weak or frail, you died, and evolution continued to keep the best around. And they call it progress.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was hit with a bb a month ago camping. Where do I sign up to whine? Stuff happens.

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That has little to do with their practice and more with personal opinion. I have hunted with our old pediatrician.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

tru dat, doctors kill more peeps than guns do. They don't call it "practice" for nuttin'!

j

11. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

doctors and lawyers, dont have to be right the first time... practice makes lawsuits...