Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chilhood buddy thinks he's a murderer!~!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, May 12, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Chilhood buddy thinks he\'s a murderer!~!

So here I am yesterday thinking to myself "I wonder what Bobby and Anton are doin now?" These two guys I hung out with from about 9th grade to after college, Anton I'd known since I was probably about 12.

I havent' talked to my buddy Bobby in 5 years or so, and my friend Anton in probably around 6 years.

So I do a google search on Bobby's full name, get nothin. Search on Anton's name and get "Georgia drifter thinks he should be prime suspect in 1996 Long Island murder case, but can't remember the night."
    Of course, I'm thinking ha ha, funny conincidence, he'd crack up if he could see it. But wait, he was from the town the murder happened in, his family moved to Georgia around 93 and he'd been drifting between here and there ever since they moved.
    The article said he was 27 when he turned himself in last year, which would be Anton's age... The murder happened around the block from Anton's old house and the nieghborhood he'd be crashing in around then, his name is very unique. My buddy's a friggin psychokiller???

So I call my friend bobby's mom's house (amazing how this kind of weird sudden tension can bring these numbers to the surface of your mind again), she gave me his number, and I left a message on his machine, "Dude, it's ratch. I was just thinking about you and Anton, wondering what you guys were doing now, and I did a search and found some interesting stuff on Anton. Give me a call when you get in."
    So I have a message on my voicemail this morning; "Dude! I have all the articles and everything about anton cut out and saved! I'll come by wherever you're living and show you. He lost his ****ing mind!"

My wife did some searching this morning and found an article with a picture of him, sent it to me, and holy crap, sure enough, it's my friend Anton.

So I'm a little freaked out... Last time I saw Anton was around 98 I think, 2 years after he may think he murdered someone. I remember thinking to myself when I saw him "man, he's really falling apart".

BTW, the prosecutors have dismissed him as a suspect, and I personally think he only turned himself in because he really thought there was a chance he could've done this in a drunken stupor. He's become a drifting drug/alcohol addict apparently. It's too bad, he was a gifted engineer, and a helluva a nice guy. I can't picture him actually being guilty of something like that, he had a huge heart and never seemed to harbor any hate or anger against people that wronged him. Sure he could be a loudmouth or a bunghole like anyone at times, but he never wished any hurt or ill will on anyone, and was the kind of friend you could call at any hour and know he'd do his best to come help you out of whatever jam you were in. Makes me pretty sad, actually. I guess I wasn't that kind of friend if he's in the shoes he's in now.

Best I can figure is he's living in Montana or Arizona. I'd love to get in touch with him at some point. Anyone ever runs across an Anton, ask him if he knows a guy in NY named Ratch.

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: Chilhood buddy thinks he\'s a murderer!~!

Sorry to hear this Ratch /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif It hurts when someone we care about loses it. Drugs and alcohol can really ruin some people. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, that's for sure. Even if he's not guilty of a crime, it's sad to see what happened to him after all these years of losing touch. I like think I turned out alright, my friend Bobby is an officer at a bank I hear, but Anton is a mess.

We used to call him Sanchez, cause we used to say he looked like a mexican...

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Reality is a hard place to stay for some people, unfortunately for them the alternative is worse. Sanchez huh? Good memories Im sure.......

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Aw man that would have been scary to have found that. Do you know his phone number or anything? Good luck on seeing him again, and hopefully he's alright.

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I'm going to Montana in like 2 weeks (roadtrip!) with 2 friends. If I run into an Anton, I will tell him to call Ratch already. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Just be careful if he's drunk. He seems a little batty now...

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

WOW, thats crazy poop.i had a good friend come to my house at around 3.00 AM and say he thinks he killed someone.i was like sucka get the hell out of my house you crazy bastard. the next day i found out he met some guy at the party store and the found they where both drummers,so the guys sister and friend droped him of at jay,s condo.well jay was feeling froggy on JD and decided to start afight. he sucker punched the guy of the couch and him and four other friends took turns beating the hell out off this guy.then jay went to the kitchen and grabbed scissors and cut the guys long hair off,cutting his scalp while doing it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifafter they got tired of beating him the threw him in the back of jay's bronco(a 79 with 15in. lift and 44's).they took him out in the woods punching him everytime he tried to see where they were going.they threw him in a pond and jay turned around and tried to run him over. jay didn't know it but the guy got up and ran. thats why the dumbass though he killed someone.jay ended up getting charged with assult with intent to murder, but it was droped to great bodily harm so he only did a year and a half.the only reason he was caught was he put the guys hair in his garbadge out side his door wall with the bloody rags they cleaned up with.AND the dope forgot the guys sister droped him off. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's pretty messed up!

[ QUOTE ]
    ...back of jay's bronco(a 79 with 15in. lift and 44's).

[/ QUOTE ]

Only on CK5 would those be important details in this kinda discussion!

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That's pretty messed up!

[ QUOTE ]
    ...back of jay's bronco(a 79 with 15in. lift and 44's).

[/ QUOTE ]

Only on CK5 would those be important details in this kinda discussion!

[/ QUOTE ]

You go it right on the dot /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

yea,really i don't think that part would be relavent in any other conversation. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif he was a crazy kid.he died when he was 25 in ARIZONA.he tried to get strait and ended up doing heroin and another friend found him dead.he was like a son to me,i met him when he was 15(one of my younger brothers friends). he was an excelent musicion,he could play anything.REALLY i was 25 when i met him and i thought he was cool.all my friends range in age from 16 to 60.we had alot of fun. when i found out we were doing another friends roof,and they were scared to tell me what happened.i really tried to help him and was devastated to hear what happened. they even nicknamed me pappa D cuz i stayed up their asses about getting in trouble. anyway i still miss him. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif