Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

China blames the west for global warming

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by roadnotca, Feb 6, 2007.

1. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

:rotfl: @%*%kers

2. SLOK5

SLOK5 1/2 ton status

3. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It ain't our fault alone.. The whole world is to blame.

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

5. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

the chinese have close to zero environmental restrictions... partially why their chit is so much cheaper then ours, another reason to buy american!

6. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Al Gore, a legend in his own mind.

7. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

I take that back. Gore is completely insane.:wink1:

8. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

ummmmm.... not so sure about that. we pretty much pollute more than anyone in just about every way.

9. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Yup... friend of mine was over there last winter.. he said everywhere you went outside, the fumes made you feel like you were in an underground parking garage, with all of the engines running..

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
    :waytogo:

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Seriously, Colby, you need to do some research.

Sure, North America is responsible for a lot of the world's pollution, but one only has to take a look at China and India to realize that we are not the sole contributor to the problem.

Your guilt is a sure sign that the Enviros propaganda is working.....:deal:

12. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i'm not saying that we are the only ones to blame, but we do take the bulk of the cake.

not to mention that china/india sell all the stuff they make in those polluting factories to our market so we can buy it. that makes us part of the problem too/again.

13. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Actually, china has no epa, no emissions controls on anything, and just about everything they have over there runs on diesel.. their fuel is worse than our nastiest off road fuel.. they use what's basically a bunker fuel with very heavy asphaltenes..they have less refining capability than we do, so that's what they have to run, and the people are stuck breathing the particulates.. in fact, china had to be bribed into doing "something" about their emissions, in order to host the summer olympics in 2008.

while it is true that we are energy and resource hogs, NOBODY is as regulated in that department as we are..

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

So why not put your money where your mouth is and refuse to buy any product that has any part of it "Made in China"?????

Because it's next to impossible, that's why. And to blame your own countrymen for another country's issues shows me once again that you've been very effectively guilted into accepting that you and I are the problem in this equation.

C'mon, you're a smart guy, Colby. It's WAY more complicated than that.

15. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know.. I was being arrogant haha

16. SLOK5

SLOK5 1/2 ton status

Your kidding right? The US has the lamest EPA laws out for the size and use of our country!.......We are so lax and far behind on getting our POS Auto makers to conform to even CHINA's new cars they are putting out Lower emissions. California and a few other states have stricter regs than the FEDERAL GOV ! I say Ban the Round de Round boring Nascar races ..... thats a start for a waste of fuel ! Flame on !

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

You ain't right in the head are you:rolleyes:

18. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here's a fun fact for everyone, one average two stroke lawn mower emits as much pollution in one hour as EIGHT average cars running down the highway.

19. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

My lawn mower is worth atleast double that.

20. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

uhhhh, no.

a) China may still be lagging behind us a little bit with respect to CO2 emmissions etc... but they (and India also) are going to blow by us VERY soon. Think about it, capitalism is going to take over there... and every single family in China is going to have a couple of cars, couple of TVs etc etc. They have 4x the population we do. If they want all the "toys" that western modern economies like ours have, they are going to have to crank out some serious waste. If they doubled our annual output 5 years from now, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

b) there are all kinds of different pollution. You can't just say "we pollute more than anyone!" when you have Eastern Europe and parts of Russia almost completely ****ed environmentally. I'm not sure there is a single river from the german boarder all the way to Siberia that isn't an environmental disaster. The Russians also were fans of nuclear open pit mining. Yeah, definitely good for the environment! Lots of other 3rd world countries have no environmental rules at all. Zero. If you want to pour a gallon of mercury in a lake? go ahead. At worst you might have to bribe some local official $10 to look the other way. :rolleyes: There has been illegal dumping here too... but at least we tend to make an effort to clean things up later. You think some dude in Tanzenia who just dumped that mercury in the lake is ever going to be held accountable? fix the problem? care? I really doubt it. Our system isn't perfect, the EPA is ****ed up in a lot of ways, but at least we do address environmental issues and do what we can to clean things up.

there is no question that we crank out the most co2 now (why does everyone want to starve the trees again?)... but that isn't the only pollutant... and we aren't the only contributor to co2 either, especially as we look ahead to the next few decades and what India/China are going to do.

j