Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chip for 88 blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pplblazerdude, Jan 25, 2004.

1. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

Hey hows it goin. Im building a 355 with a pretty good cam in it ive got a free flowing 3 inch exaust all the way back. I have a tbi spacer. I was wondering when i put this new motor in if i got a chip for it if i would notice a big diffrence. And if so how much would you say. For any of you guys out there that have put new chips in where did you get them. Plus has anyone done bussines with this guy on ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2455777581&category=33597

Thanks
    Clint

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If it were me, I'd talk to someone about having a PROM burned for your particular application. especially with engine mods. The more you make, the more a NON-generic PROM will make.

TBI doesn't like lopey cams, if thats what you've got, throwing in a generic "hi-performance" chip that increases timing may not be the best approach.

3. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

The cam im getting for it is for the tbi setup. Who do you know of that burns chips just for your own applications.

Thanks
    Clint

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone, but I've seen more than a few people advertising that, both on ebay and elsewhere on the web.

Probably do a google search for PROM burning or something similar. You can get the stuff to do it yourself for around $150, but it will require a laptop.

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Jet perfromance burns custom chips for anything but they run $400 to 600.