Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

chipped input shaft tooth question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by IIVIIoonshiner, Oct 18, 2006.

1. IIVIIoonshiner

IIVIIoonshiner Registered Member

I called ORD and had them send me a used but "in good shape for a rebuild" 10-spline input shaft... mine was rounded off on the shift teeth and the 10-splines as well.... the one they sent me looks almost brand new in those areas but the bigger teeth that ride on the idler gear have one tooth that is barely shipped.. (my original was perfect) the one tooth is 2/3rds complete with the other third only missing maybe a millimeter or two where it chipped. Is this acceptable? when i put the idler next to it and mesh the gears they seem to lock and fit nicely. BUt this is my first np205 rebuild... ORD did send it to me though... so I assume if they okay it it's probably fine... I need re-assurance!

thanks guys

2. IIVIIoonshiner

if you need pics Ill have to get em tomorrow

3. IIVIIoonshiner

come on yall! no input? these teeth are huge but how much contact overlap is there? is a small chip like the one i have gonna affect the strength or would it be miniscule? someone has to have an opinion about a gm np205 transfer case!!!!