Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Choke adjustment question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Muddytazz, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ya have to bend the rod. I fixed my choke like that REAL good. It is now laying in the trash can. I put a little newer Hot air carb on and then converted to electric choke....works so sweet! THis carb doesn't have the teeth on the high idle cam and it just idles it's self down. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Anyway back to your problem. It might not be a bad idea to replace the choke spring. As old as that is it may not have the movement it use to and be part of your problem.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Thanks Grimmy, I bought a rebuild kit today and going to do this weekend, so back to the parts store i go LOL.

4. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

I saw a post that you responded to a while back that gave a part number for the choke spring. I couldn't find the post when I searched and was wondering if you might know where I could get a new choke spring for my 83 quadrajet carb.

5. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

OK just looked at the picture at the top of the post. I might need to clarify. I have the electric choke and need to replace my coil thingy(technical terms) inside the electric choke. It's sticking the choke shut and isn't releasing the fast idle. I usually have to trip it by hand but of course as soon as I hit the gas it's stuck on fast idle again. I've got 12 volts going to the choke. I'm trying to decide if I want to fix the electric choke again or go to a manual one.
    Thanks