Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Choke adjustment

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Muddytazz, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Does anyone know how to adjust this choke?
    [​IMG]
    this is not my rig, but mine is the same stupid choke

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Bend the linkage. If it doesn't have enough to kick up to high idle then you bend the linkage coming out of the stove on the intake. If it's getting on the high idle then you bend the rod going up to the choke plate.
    Do this in the morning with a stone cold engine. You want the choke plate Just barly closed. When you start it right away it should pull open to about 1/8 inch. in five minutes it should be close to fully open.
    Personnaly I go sick of fiddling with that style. I found a rebuildable hot air style choke carb and converted it to electric....SO much better.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'm damn near sick of it also. When i try and start it when its stone cold, or even in the middle of summer in the mornings, i play hell with trying to keep it running for aobut a minute, then it runs.

4. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

my choke looks different from that...anyways for the past couple weeks, it has been idling high all the time, and the choke light is constantly on. any suggestions?