Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Choke light on....choke stuck?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieBlazer, Oct 7, 2002.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

My chock light has been on the past 3 days for no reason in particular that I am sure of....ran fine with it on until tonight...tonight the idle got stuck at about 1500 rpms....played with the little vacume module on the back of my quadjet and it dropped back to normal...the choke light is still on...any ideas? The vacume on the back of the carb hasnt been hooked up in all the time I have owned the truck...over a year without a problem until now... its a 350 4 barrel quad jet with 195 thermostat

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Dunno how, dunno why. Mine did that years ago and an old timer told me to check my fuses and I replaced a dead fuse and its never happened since /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'll have to check the fuses....sprayed the carb tonight with carb cleaner really well...and the light went off and came back on....the idle dropped back to normal so something is sticking....the choke light was flickering as I backed out the drive but got more solid the more gas I gave it...made a 5mile trip and its back to solid as it was before /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif