Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

choke light stayes on

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Sep 3, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    The wire that hooks up to the carb is green right (1986 k5 blazer 350 with a edelbrock carb)? My damn choke light does not turn off. I traced the (GREEN) wire back to the oil SENDING unit. :confused: :crazy: What is up with that?
    Thanks
    Adam

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

There is an oil pressure SWITCH for the choke. Just means the choke doesn't operate when the engine is not running.

I'd suspect that switch is perhaps not working. Don't know how that switch works (normally open or closed?) but I'd try pulling the connector from the firewall to the switch, and seeing if it turns the light off. If that doesn't do it, jumper the two prong connector and see if THAT turns the light off.

3. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

I went a head and pulled oil sending unit cleaned it up and put some sealer on and put it back then I turned the truck on and the light still stayed on. Then for the heck of it I checked my fuse it was blown. I replaced it and started the truck up the light went off, so I shut the truck off and started it again the light went off. I guess I just need to start looking at the simple stuff first. :rolleyes:
    Thanks
    Adam