Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CHoke Problem...I think.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 83bowtyblazer, Nov 22, 2001.

1. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

I have an 83 blazer with a 305 and I think I might have a problem with my choke. When I get in my truck to go a short distance, say 1 mile, and shut it off for about half an hour, when I get back in it to start it it floods itself and I have to hold it flat to the floor to get it going. I'm in NJ and it's been getting down in the 30's at night. I'm almost positive that it's an electric choke cause it has a plug going into it and it also has the stove pipe coming from the exhaust manifold to the aor cleaner. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, the carb is a Q-Jet rebuilt about 6-8 months ago. Thanks again.

Ryan

Never knock on DEATH's door. Ring the bell and run...he hates that!!!!

2. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

anyone have any insight??

Ryan

Never knock on DEATH's door. Ring the bell and run...he hates that!!!!

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

that sounds about right to me, thats what mine did but it's a 74... If no one else helps try to do a search on this there is alot of stuff here on the Q-jets and why there so great if you offroad but I got a new Edelbrock 600 cfm for mine and love it, I don't offroad much....

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by chevyfumes on 11/23/01 06:43 PM.</FONT></P>

4. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah my chocke used to screw up allot when i whent wheeling in mud. In my opinion the electric chokes suck. I took mine right off and its just fine that way its just a little hard to start first thing in the morning.

Stuck? Isn't that a bird!
    Steve