Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

chopped&bobbed burb for sale , located in milwaukie , Oregon

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by chopped&bobbed77burb, Apr 8, 2007.

1. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I have this on CL too . It pains me to have to sell this big suburban but I'm done wheeling for awhile and this will need a new home . I brought this suburban home 3+ years ago and built it into what you see before you . First let me say that the 42" swampers ( in the picture ) are no longer on the burb as I traded for a set of 39.5 boggers . This is a 77 gmc 3/4 suburban trailer towing specail . It had a 400 sbc and a turbo 350/np203 . The motor was toast so I replaced it with a low mile motor from my work van . 75,000 miles on a 350 4 bolt main 010 casting block with 882 casting 1.94 heads . before I put the motor in the burb I yanked the head's and freshed them up . I installed and new double row timing chain and gear set and new freeze plugs ( I flushed the block too) . I bought a 84 chevy dana 60 front axle ( with the stronger non necked down inner axles)with 4:10 gears . I went throught it , geased all the wheel bearing and axle joints . I grinded the brake calipers so I could fit 15" wheels . I keept the stock corp 14 bolt ff rear axle but I welded the spider gears for a lincoln locker . I installed a flip shackle in back along with 54" rear springs with a 2 1/2 blocks . The blocks were drilled through and are bolted to the spring pack . I built a track bar so I would have no issues with axle wrap . After the axles were bolted up I yanked the turbo 350/np203 and the flex plate off the motor and installed a new flywheel , clutch, pressure plate and trowout bearing and a good used sn465 4 speed tranny /np205 transfercase . I had a new rear drive line built at driveline services . I istalled the hydro clutch and brake pedals from a 87 suburban and installed a new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder I had 42" swampers but traded for a set of 39.5x18x15 boggers ( 75% tread ). The body has been chopped 22 inches off the back and I cut the roof just be hind the rear passenger seat . It's all inclosed and fully welded . I removed the big 40 gallon fuel tank and installed a 30 gal blazer tank in the bed . I cut lots of sheet metal to clear the tires . There is a full 4 point roll cage inside made of 1 1/2 .250 wall dom tubing . The bucket seats are out of a toyota corolla gts and the rear seat is stock and it still folds down for even more storage . I replaced the radiator 1yr ago a bought a 4 core . The 350 motor runs great and breaths through and 6" k&n filter and a rebuilt q jet , stock intake maifold . mild rv cam . headers and duel exhaust . It all ways passes deq . Just make sure to tell them it still has the 400sbc in it . I installed a oddessy 1200 cold cranking amp battery last fall . Alternator is a 93 amp stock gm unit ( 1yr old). power steering pump is rebuilt and has a big cooler to keep the fluid cool and make the pump last longer . Dana 60 front axle is a open carrier and has a sky cross over steering arm . steering box is off a 3/4 2wd suburban with a ford van pitman arm reamed out for a chevy tie rod . Steering link is 1 1/2 .250 tubing with mad4wd inserts . As you can see I have alot of time and money wrapped up into this rig . IT'S also got a camo paint job . Also has a full size 39.5" swamper for a spare that fit's in back along with toolbox store on top of the fuel tank . I only use this rig for wheeling . I drive to the trail's and drive home . It's got a few dent's here and there but I do not beat on my rig . I have put about 1800 miles on this rig since I built it . 2 trips to browns camp and 5 trips to goat mountain and 1 trip to the hangover run . always mild wheeling . This rig basically Does well with the 4:10 gears but would do better with some 5:13's and hydro assit steering and a locker in the front axle . I also have a 4:56 and up front d60 carrier that will go with the burb . It's still a very capable rig as long as you don't get to extreem . My price is $3500 CASH and the price is firm . No trades Period ! I will not part it . I will only respond to those that leave a phone number . If you are serious and have $3500 cash and want to see this rig in person then leave a number and we can talk . No shipping . Burb is located in Milwaukie , Oregon .
    [​IMG]

2. blowedupmotor87

blowedupmotor87 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That is a sweet looking Burb! I have thought about getting one and doing exactly what you have done to have a crewcab-ultrashortbed, awesome! If you were closer (and I hadn't just spent a bundle on a new towrig), I would be wanting to buy that burb of yours! You need to put up more pics though! :D

3. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

That sounds like a better deal than I got on my burb!

4. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

that is a bad ass looking truck.

5. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

new final price of $3000 . I need the cash for another project . The burb also will need the windsheild replaced because of cracks ( damn tree branches :o ) . Someone is gonna have a nice burb to wheel this summer .