Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

chopper down

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by southernspeed, Jan 26, 2005.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I obviously spoke out of turn and got taken the wrong way. I had no intension of upsetting people. I'm as much behind this war as the next man.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

As long as it takes. Cheerio, god save the queen and all that.

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Needless? Choppers crash on training missions in the states as much as in combat. The "madness" will go on until the job is done. Semper Fi, brothers.

John

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah? think it's funny do you? I know people who have died out there and it ain't funny for their families.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I don't think the war is funny. I think you're funny since you can't see far enough past your nose to understand why this is important to the world. The soldiers who have died in Iraq have done so with honor, and honor is in damn short supply these days.

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Let's see. My nephew lost a leg, my brother got the Purple Heart for shrapnel to the face, and 20% hearing loss, and my BEST friend just got back. Not a one of them is bitter. It's their job. Love of God and Freedom is their calling.

John

7. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

X2

Speaking as someone who has been over there for the better part of two years, and knows what it's like to lose people close to you, I know that we do what we have to do to keep this country what it is, regardless of the cost. I wouldn't like it, but I'd go back withouth question if I'm ordered.

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

AP on Yahoo says the CH-53E crashed in a sandstorm at approx. 1:20AM during a security mission. 30 Marines and one Sailor (probably a Corpsman) on board. I know what squadron is over there, and I have a couple friends in that unit. So I wait for the casualty list... fearing I'll know someone on it again...

Rest in Peace, brothers. Semper Fidelis.

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

The news says "the biggest death toll in Iraq" it was an accident, sad, but you have to be proud that a sandstorm took more poeple down that the enemy could.

The world is built on a foundation of the dead mortared with thier blood.

Saddam was doing as bad as Hitler, but it was on a smaller scale and to his own people, so no one cares or thinks someone should intervene. It took a buch of wankers taking over plane loads of pansy ass's (except the one where a group got together and fought back) with box cutters to make "us" realize that "oh my god" something can happen to us. What did we do? Play baseball! Eat pretzels!

Like Eddie Izzard said.

"Pol Pot, killed millions of his own people, nobody gives a monkey's, Hitler, killed the people next door, stupid man."

Everyone antiwar in America is comfortable and has no idea what evil is.

10. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Well said, RJ

11. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Amen. If they only knew.

12. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

We needed to take Saddam out of power, I truely beleive in that. On another note, some fellas I go to school with are from Aureila and Cherokee, Iowa(approxametly 30 miles from my hometown Early). Im not sure how they found out so soon but one of their friends died in the crash, I have never seen them down so much as I have tonight...