Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Christmas Caravan for Kids - CO

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by mrk5, Nov 30, 2005.

1. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Just wanted to drop a line to the Colorado Crew about the Christmas Caravan for Kids.

The family and I are going to ride down there in the Northern contingent meeting at Hwy 402 & I-25 east of Loveland @ 9:30 this Saturday, December 3.

Thought I would drop a line in case any of you other CK5 guys would be interested. Don't let me be surrounded by Jeeples. We'll be driving the General. :saweet:

There's tons of info about the event in the link above. :xmas:

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

:doah: I keep forgetting to look what time I'm working on Sat.

Oh and bc I'm too lazy to send a Pm...I can't come up on friday I forgot I had a class presentation. I was really looking forward to getting my headlights pointed straight and highbeams installed :(

And you're welcome for finally making you call your truck a proper name ;)

3. mrk5

Yeah, I figure it's appropriate given the previous life as a CUCV and the big star I put on the hood. :D

I guess we're the only ones that care about the kids' Christmas, huh. Well, besides a whole bunch of jeeples. :(

4. mrk5

More info

I copied and pasted some info from the Colorado4x4.org site.

Christmas Caravan for Kids:

We are meeting with the Northern contingent at Hwy 402 & I-25 @ 9:30. From there we'll convoy down to the event.

5. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

I would be interested in this but I have commitments on Saturday. I love being involved with young kids, especially during the holidays. On Saturday I am participating in the "Shop with a Cop" program for the kids. It is alot of fun and can be quite damaging to the wallet. Hard to say "no" when the child is near his/her spending limit.

6. mrk5

Isn't that why you carry the gun? :ignore: :haha:

I think I buy Liam something everytime we go to the store. I never hesitate to buy him a book. I think he's bought at least one book everytime we've been to Borders or Barnes & Noble. I figure books are a good thing to spoil with.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Allrighty Then. see you out on I-25 tomorrow. I'll try and remember my camera so I can get some mrk5 blackmail pics.

8. B_to_C

FYI I can't make it...working 1:30-10 :(

9. B_to_C

How was it?

10. mrk5

Look here. :D

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

It would be nice to get a larger CK5 group together. The event is only in it's 3rd year and not well known. I know it's a busy time of the year but if you can spare a couple hours you'll make a big difference to the Corps and needy Kids. Once you drop off your gift to the Marines you can drive right out and leave if needed. No one is obligated to stay, leave anytime you like. There's the satisfaction of helping & hanging out with your buddies for a free lunch and prizes. You can walk around the huge parking lot and Oogle all the hundreds of 4x4's for ideas. Everyone gets a commemorative dash plaque, and coupons for local off-road centers. You get a free entry into the door prize raffle - the 4x4 vehicle raffle costs 3.00 per ticket.

The best part of it is Convoying down the Interstate with a huge line of 4x4's. :saweet:

All you have to do is bring a new present, costs you 5-10 if your tight on cash plus fuel to get there and back. That's it - no wrapping required. If Scott is up to it next year I'll try and coordinate with him to get the word out early to the rest of you guys. If some of you out of state K5'rs would like to participate just PM me for my home address. You can send a toy by mail and I will take it down in my pick-up truck. Next years goal is a bed load.

By the way Scott, I need to buy a window decal so we have more visibility. If they keep this event going I'm going to do my best to make our presence known there. :pimp1:

12. mrk5

We definitely need to try and get the word out earlier next year. In the mean time we can hone our guilt trip skills to a fine razor's edge.

Saturday did end up being the Marines largest donation for a single day. Even beating out the Broncos drive at one of the home games.

Haven't heard yet how many trucks were there.

I did forget to mention that fred2mihi donated a toy in absentia through me.

13. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Buddy, my Barbie loving chop skills are at an all time high. :p:

14. B_to_C

:eek1: Oh NO! :1zhelp:

15. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

:deal: OH YES - bwahahahahaha - it doesn't look good for you Nicky. Soon to be BOA.

That's Barbie on arrival.

Where's the evil laugh smiley when you need it.