Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Christmas Eve Muddin

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Steve GMC, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Steve GMC

Steve GMC 1/2 ton status

well this is a tradition mu buddy dan and ive had since last year. last year we took the quad out and i was bringing him home so i figured id take him across this brook i always would cross. so i jam it into 4lo and gun it. bogggg jsut sinks i say "dan jump off the quad onto the other side so u dont get wet. he does, i throw the quad into reverse then foward and manage to get it out.

so this year dan IMs me and is like when are we goin wheelin. i was like well im goin to church at 330 so now if u want (it was 130) so i go get the quad and he calls me telling me his dad wont let him out and that he cant go. so i was bummed cause this was our tradition so i take the quad out for a little lone wheelin. not thinking what i was gonna get into. so im crusiing around and i come to this whole kinda theres a mound on 1 side and the other is a "little" brook. so i think heck i can do this. i put it into 4lo and gun it. front end gone over the rack in mud and water. im thinkin "o $HI***) so i gunn it. front end gets out rear dosent agree. boggggggg rear rack under water all the way to the muffler. gurgle gurgle.so i think o boy. i call danny and im like "i got a tiny problem i sank the quad. think u can come with the ranger and get me out. hes like dave (dans brother) has the ranger but i can take the land rover i was like w.e i just need a winch ancor. so dan comes and i tell him wehre to drive "thinking its dry" he drive in, matttttts it and sinks. so now the rover and the quad are stuck. dan starts freeking out and is like "we need to get this our now" i was like ok ill go get my dads truck (1987 gray GMC k20 lifted on 33s) so i go get it and a chain. lock the hubs and shift it into low. bring it down and pull dan out. (i never realized how low the 465 low and 208 low really is i didnt even spinn) so the rover is out all full of mud and now we concentrate on getting the quad out. as dans parking the rover im check ing a dry rout to get to the quad with the truck. dan gets a call from dave and dave decides to come over. he looked like a drag racer ridin the 50 lol. anyways we all pile into the k20 and dave drives over to the quad. we get to the quad and hook the chain. dave tries jsut pulling out the quad. nothin. i get on it and drive it too, nothin. after about 5-6 tries the truck starts to dig itself intoa hole so we stop and just winch out the quad.(why we didnt do that in the first place idk) so now the trucks stuck. i have dan go to the barn and get a shovel and we dig around the tires. try to drive the truck out. nothin. so we take the quad and chain it to the truck and pull with the quad and it starts to work. so we dig around the tires a little more and my dad comes down to see whats up (o shi** i say do dave) hes like "thats it, enough, leave it, we'll come back and get it out" i was like "dad give us a few more tries we almost had it" we went back and forth for about 2 mins he was like "fine you have 5 minutes is was like ok boys its now or im dead!" so we do it and on the third try comes right out.we all kept tellin him he had no faith and he jsut couldnt resist but laugh. so i drive the truck back to the road and my dads like "let me take it up the road to clean out the tires" i wasnt gonna argue so i jsut agreed. i went to the barn, dan hosed off the rover and i jsut laughed at how much fun we had. so dave comes back on the 50 and stops to talk to my dad my dad said he did the same thing with his truck when he was a kid and wasnt mad at me at all. all was sid and done still with time to get to church. so we get to church and dad and i are talking and he tells me how he got his jeep stuck up to the seats and we were laughing and carying on and he jsut says you need to do that some times jsut have fun, then he goes y didnt u jstu tell me i said cause i thought u would kill mehe said why i said cause when i saw your face i thought i was gonna loose limbs. he goes was it that good. i just needed you to have that fear strike you like i was gonna kill you. i go o boy thanks alot dad. and we both laughed. then i go next time we go out muddin we'll bring you. and he laughs

Merry Christmas Guys

all of that story and i only have 1 pic
    [​IMG]
    Super Steve

2. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

Lol looks like you had fun. I went Muddin today to in my k5. got close to getting stuck almost slide into two big washouts. Drvoe up a 10* clay hill truck stops halfway up starts to slide down I punch it and still sliding backwards:eek1: im scared now cause 3 feet to each side are some big washouts and i wouldnt beable to get out. Well i let off the gas and im still slidng, I hit the break like its going to do anything and i do a reverse 180 and and my rear tire is hangin over one of the washouts. I was alomsted flexed out and was just like **** it and held it to the floor and it thankfully cuaght traction and had to go the long way home. but it was fun lol

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Why does the word 'paragraphs' come to mind with this thread :thinking: :whistle: ?!

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

paragraphs and punctuation lol good story

5. Steve GMC

Steve GMC 1/2 ton status

lol sorry bout how long it is. its a good story. and we did have alot of fun

6. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Steve, email me at my home email
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  7. Steve GMC

Steve GMC 1/2 ton status

ok sent