Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Christmas just came again... twice!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unclematty, Dec 15, 2005.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

kinda long

just 2 hours ago, the bishop from my ward pulled up in his truck loaded heavy with groceries. 4 young men from my ward jumped out and preceeded to unload almost a third of it into my house. deep freeze is ful freezer is full, fridge is full, cupboards won't close their so full. they all shook mine and melindas hands hugged us both patted the kids on the head, and said merry christmas from your ward!

I just stood in awe! wiping the tears from my eyes,theres got to be at least 500 dollars in groceries.

*******and the thing that meant the most, from someone I barely know his name.**********

After all that I'm sitting here typing trying to collect myself, I get an Email from Paypal saying I just received a rather substantial sum of money as a gift, from one of the many brothers I have here on CK5. All I can say is Thank you, you know who you are. :bow:

The Christmas spirit is alive and well, God bless all of you.this is the best place on the web ! and I am glad to be part of CK5 this is what it is all about.

(How am I gonna go to work with eyes swollen from bawling)

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

:waytogo: I love how this time of the year brings out the best in mankind. God bless.

John

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's so kewl too see the Christmas Spirt alive and well. I try too do what I can for people with less then I. Don't have a whole heck of alot myself, but it does make me feel good too be able too help others.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

how cool!..

I'm glad of your good fortune!..its nice to know others who don't really know you are willing to help..I personally know how it blows your mind,to think others care enough,and will spend a lot of money for things others need..then give it away like it were nothing..:bow:

You can only imagine how stunned I was when Rhonda Vincent called me up onstage during her concert last march,and handed me a T-shirt with a car dealers name on it,made me put it on,and handed me a set of keys!..:eek1: ....

..I had only attended a few of her concerts,and spoken to her a few times after shows,and online at her message board before--she didn't really know me personally,just what I'd talked about in those few face to face meetings and posts....heck,I was not even a paid member of her fan club then,and I'm ashamed to admit I still haven't had the cash to spend to join it yet!..but I was treated like royalty,and both Rhonda and her husband both shrug off my thanks,like it was no big deal ...:wink1: ..--

Her husband Herb said-"If you can't help someone in need,what good are ya?--people have helped US plenty when we were in need--now its our time to return the favor"..:crazy: ..

I know she's probably done this or something similar for many others...but you won't hear much about it..they don't do it for publicity--they simply picka person who needed help out of the fan base,and gave them some..(that time it was me:laugh: )..

I'm going to move on before MY eyes get any cloudier!..Christmas came early this year for me!...it came in March!..I could care less if I get anything more ..

Just knowing that someone like Rhonda ,who hardly knows me, thinks enough of me to give such a generous gift,gives me all the "spirit of the season" I need..its not so much the car,as the fact she cared enough to give it--and more importantly,be a friend!....it must be nice to be in a position to GIVE help,rather than hope you'll get some!..hope I can do the same for someone someday..but I'm so broke now,I cant even pay my car insurance,never mind buy presents for anyone...

Its a good feeling Unclematty,to know at the very least,you'll be well fed for awhile this winter,and can spend the money you saved on other necessities..once you have food and heat,winter isn't quite so gloomy..

At the risk of losing or locking this thread due to the "No Religion posts" rule,:rolleyes: I'd like to say God Bless,and Merry Chistmas to all..:xmas:

5. gauder

gauder Banned

It's nice to see that the holidays bring out the best in some folks! I think this will be the best Christmas I ever had, not because of money just because I feel the true meaning behind it all so strong this year.

Heck I've even got to work Christmas day, but what the heck, somebody has to help look after these damn sickies! lol

Cheers to all!

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Say what you want about the Mormons (they have their flaws like all of us), but they can be a pretty charitable group......