Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Christmas wish list... anyone have suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KRAZIE87K5, Nov 19, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

The wife asked me today what I wanted for my birthday and Christmas... I was actually stumped. I'm already getting the fuel injection setup, and the hydro steering.

I need ideas in the sub-$100 range... preferrably even less than that. What does every CK5er need? Hrmmm...

Ideas?

Thanks all!
    -Dan

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

A wife who knows how to wrench /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Gas money! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. KRAZIE87K5

Actually, she helped me install a motor in my 79 Firebird I used to have... and she's helped a few times on the Blazer too... so guess I have "a wife that can wrench" already! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

A high lift jack
    Straps
    Winch rope
    Never a enough open-box wrenches I think this would be good for small kids they will see you use them
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Winch that way you all will have one the next time you go wheeling!

7. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

The one thing that I seem to always over look and need is a quality, heavy duty snatch strap /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Here's the truck related part of my list...

60" cast Hi-lift jack (about $60) http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=256&amp;occlass=HILI&amp;cat=Accessory

Masterpull 1" x 30' tow strap (about $80) http://www.masterpull.com

ORD greasable rear suspension bushings ($66) http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/greasebushings.htm

ORD HD greasable front shackle kit ($89) http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/hdshackles.htm

ORD Crossover steering arm part # U9001 ($165) http://www.offroaddesign.com/Dana60crossover.htm

Crossover pitman arm - Superlift part # 1104 or ORD part number 70203 (about $60) http://www.offroaddesign.com/Dana60crossover.htm

Echobit shackle flip ($75) http://www.echobit.com/fabrication/catalog/fab-catalog-shackleflip.shtml

Avalanche engineering Rock Ring for Dana 60 ($138.50) http://www.avalancheengineering.com/rockrings/dana_60.htm

Avalanche engineering Rock Ring for 14 bolt ($138.50) http://www.avalancheengineering.com/rockrings/GM_14_bolt.htm

Sawzall

Air Nibbler

Body grinder

</font color>

9. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

a new sterio for your 4x4, i know how it was when i went from a crappy non-backlit sterio to a nice new JVC Tape player, and all i had to do was plug it into the amp in the truck, i dont know if yur truck is built up already, i know it is nice to lisin to music when i four-wheel', but i guess its personal preference. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. KRAZIE87K5

Here's the truck related part of my list...

60" cast Hi-lift jack (about $60) <font color="green">Got one...</font color>

Masterpull 1" x 30' tow strap (about $80) <font color="green">Here is a pretty good one...</font color>

ORD greasable rear suspension bushings ($66) <font color="green">Got those...</font color>

ORD HD greasable front shackle kit ($89) <font color="green">Got those too...</font color>

ORD Crossover steering arm part # U9001 ($165) <font color="green">DONE...</font color>

Crossover pitman arm - <font color="green">See steering arm answer....</font color>

Echobit shackle flip ($75) <font color="green">Been there done this too...</font color> /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Avalanche engineering Rock Ring for Dana 60 ($138.50) <font color="green">I've got the MOO cover already...</font color>

Avalanche engineering Rock Ring for 14 bolt ($138.50) <font color="green">Okay you got me... no diff protection in the rear of the truck...</font color>

Sawzall <font color="green">CHECK...</font color>

Air Nibbler <font color="green">BAH! Thats what the sawzall is for!</font color> /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Body grinder <font color="green">CHECK...</font color>

LOL... guess I'm pretty well off already! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Guess I never looked at it this way! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Think I could ask her for a Miller-matic? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan

11. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Rita asked me what i wanted for christmas this morning. i told her that i e-mailed my list to Santa already (and CC'd her, too /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) and that everything that was forgotten on last years list was conviently located on pages 55-68 of this years list. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

a couple of the bigger "I want" items are:

Detroit locker for my 14bff
    2 new 39.5x15x16.5 TSL's
    2 beard super sport seats
    year supply of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    Some one to buy my friends cougar so we can build a racecar

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Ask for tools.
    Maybe a auto darkening welding helmet.
    If you don't have an oxy torch, ask for a regulator set. You can buy/rent the tanks later.
    Lots of other tools if you think a little about it.
    -- Mike

13. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

How about a big white faced tach ? I put one in my truck a few months ago, I got the white faced one so it would match the guages that I allready had in my truck. They are real purty when it's dark /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

14. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I would suggest tools too. One thing some of my wheeling friends have, are tool "Sets" which simplify one project - Example:

Frisbie has a hub maintenance "kit", this includes the correct sized allen wrenches, hub sockets, pick screwdrivers, etc...

Todd has this, plus u-joint maintenance kit consisting of the press, spare joints, etc.

I'ts nice to have all your "regular tools" in their places, but simplified tool kits for each individual project is key on a trail rig.

I would guess your next high dollar mod would be a Doubler!

Of course, I need nothing but time for Christmas because I have about 5 irons in the fire myself. Heres my TO DO list:

WMS Dual Case install - Truck goes in the shop next weekend.
    Pro-Jection install - likewise
    MOO Rear Shock Crossmember - I have had this for over a year!
    AGR Rock Ram install - this will be installed when the truck is down for Dual Case...
    Eventually I need to swap out my ole 400 for a fresh Big Block!!! - Dreaming. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I would like to get a set of "40's" for my rig soon, but that blows the $100 budget!

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Can't ever go wrong with a gift certificate , LOL !!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I know a good place to find a gift certificate......
    And maybe some some other goodies too....
    ORD Holiday Specials

17. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

18. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Detroit locker for my 14bff

[/ QUOTE ] You should buy Chazz's. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Isn't he selling his?

19. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

CB Radio

just had to throw something in there.

20. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

yup, but his is for a D60, IIRC. i want an ARB or E-locker for the front.