Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chrome Axles

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bouncytruck, Nov 3, 2003.

1. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

found this listing on e-bay. Check out the chrome axles, lift blocks and leaf springs.

ebay item 2440446585

2. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

You would think for $60,000.00 that they would have painted the chassis and put a better trans cover instead of the dented up one. I guess that chrome used up the money.

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow. Good God man. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Holy Cow!!

I don't think those rims are wide enough for the tires....should have gone a few inches wider. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

wow /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif...he must of taken every nut and bolt off that truck....then put them back on

6. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Are those "chrome" axle's slicker then paint is? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifHow are they gonna look with some nice scratche's/gouge's put in em by rock's? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Or with some cable burn's on that "chrome"? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

They must have knocked the tran's off the jack on install? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Is anyone gonna pack mirror's around with em to admire that "chrome" underneath? I for some reason don't think so. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

It must be a mud truck all with all the chrome the mud most wash off easy.

8. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

60,000 poser!

9. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Disturbing, absolutely disturbing.

10. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

That interior is AWESOME!!
    Am I just seeing things or does it look like theres chrome on the drivers side spring pivot on the frame???
    It would have been cheaper to have taken the body off and dipped the rest! I think the dude owns a plating company as well. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif If not he should

11. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Why put the tranny shifter on the floor? Looks like they added a 700R4/NP208 combo.

12. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    found this listing on e-bay. Check out the chrome axles, lift blocks and leaf springs.

ebay item 2440446585

[/ QUOTE ]
    You forgot to mention the sweet chrome driveshafts! Oh, and shocks, and knuckles. IMO he definitely should have dipped the crossmembers too. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

hell y stop at the crossmember... y not crome the whole frame? Ive got an idea y not crome the body too that would be sweet... and the windows... who needs windos I need crome...

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hell y stop at the crossmember... y not crome the whole frame? Ive got an idea y not crome the body too that would be sweet... and the windows... who needs windos I need crome...

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, and who needs w's and h's? And no one needs those pesky little apostrophes! Hehe, just kidding with you man.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

15. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm always dubious when a listing starts out offering me "One of the Baddest Blazers in the WORLD!" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

GOD is in the details... or at least for a $35,000 reserve the details had BETTER be there.... so why are there obvious tape marks around the VIN tag where the paint was resprayed? And why was the brake booster painted RED?....too lazy to remove it (or even tape it) when they shot the paint onto it?

Stuff like that annoys me. Those accessories would look a lot better in the correct finish (zinc or yellow cadmium)....and the excessive use of cheap-ass chrome colored wire loom is another thing that bugs me to no end.

MONSTER TRUCK???? Ha Ha Ha

Good luck buddy..... you might find a buyer at $20K. MIGHT.

16. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

This is what makes life exciting! Someone making a huge commitment in time and money to get people's attention. This truck will get attention, just like Pamala Anderson gets attention... But what would you be willing to pay for either? (or would living with either be worth it...)

I'm interested in what happens (what will it sell for or will it) just like the governor of CA re-election. Are people willing to give up substance for appeal and a lot of money thrown around? (notice the oil spewded onto the TC cover?)

This is intersting stuff, examining the human psyche, but the redeeming factor is that someone was willing to put $60K into a first gen Blazer! (and the $15K I've put into mine is not ludicrious... yet)

17. jeffer

jeffer 1/2 ton status

You'd think for $60k you'd at least get a tach. Oh wait, that would be too hard to chrome and it has functional use. Nevermind.

18. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Not only is the brake booster painted red, but so are the hoses, brake lines, heater box and steering. And for $36,000, you think that the wiper washers would have a hose attached! [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

is that top wrapped in leather too??

20. bigmike72

bigmike72 Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    is that top wrapped in leather too??

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I think it just been smoothed and painted to match. But then again, the truck wasn't built to last so maybe it is a leather top /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif