Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chrome

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big Silly, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Big Silly

Big Silly Registered Member

I'm looking to add some chrome add ons to my '88 Blazer when the wheather breaks. I was looking for a few good vendors/brands that specify in the products I am going to need. Grill, nerf bars, wheels, etc.... Any suggestions????????:bow:

2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

flat black spray paint.. its what all the cool kids do... its what I'll do soon.. I'm trying to be a cool kid :bow: :bow: :bow:
    thanks,

James

3. Big Silly

Big Silly Registered Member

UHHH..... The words chrome & vendors sounds nothing like the words flat black spray paint. Thanks for the suggestion......ANYWAY.

4. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

uhhh, the words chrome and vendors sound like you're looking to build a penis extension, not a 4x4 - which is what this site is dedicated to. i wouldn't expect much. :wink1:

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I dont think there are many on here shooting for the bling factor. There are a couple though most of the vendors on here sell unfinished (i.e. raw steel) products that you have to paint yourself. Check out the vendor section there might be 1 or 2 in there. But I agree if you get chrome at least get black chrome. All of mine is being painted flat black or being removed for good:D .

Ira

6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Damn ya beat me to it:doah:

Ira

7. colbystephens

i guess you could try HERE tho.

8. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

BUT it's his truck and that's what he wants to do. Why not just answer his question instead of making derogatory remarks?

9. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I have a couple buddys who have had good luck with Westin grill guards and nerf bars. If you have a pickup. DeeZee makes some nice Diamond Plate toolboxes

10. colbystephens

relax, bro. i understand that, but all i'm saying is that this is not the best place to be asking questions about mall crawlers, and i think that was well into the zone of mall crawler comments.

11. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

no offence but -

I realize that this site is mostly for guys buuilding rock crawlers and bullet proof rigs but there are alot of those out there with stock rigs with chrome attached.

12. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

[Best Big gay Al voice] He is a Big Silly [Big gay Al voice off].

13. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

WHY IS EVERYBODY YELLING!!!

14. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Summit, Jegs, LMC all have some nice shiny stuff! And good 'ol JC Whitney!
    I have some, but I buy stainless steel and aluminum when possible. I hate rust!!!

15. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

CK5 is not pirate, we are not either HARDCORE or go home. We welcome all types here, so if he asks for chrome, thats fine. His tastes dont have to match everyones tasts here at CK5. I don't mind people asking about chrome once in a while here. But if this place became something like fullsizechevy then I'd start complaining. To each his own I say.

16. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I thought the line was, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!"

17. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

Thats what makes this site so bada$$ :D My rig is a nice, strongly built for a hunting rig. But I did get some ideas from the rock crawler guys as well as the street rigs.

18. 10pax

10pax Registered Member

I am probably gonna get flogged here but here goes. I love chrome. It shows class. I like 4X4's. They show beefy rigs and a tough lifestyle. In my plans for the 77, I plan to have the best of both worlds. There aint no doubt that my truck will end up stuck in the mud. As a matter of fact, as soon as she's ready for the trail, she's getting buried INTENTIONALLY. I'm gonna put her in a mud hole I know darn well I can't get out of just for the fun of gettin it out. On the outside it's gonna be trail ready (not rockcrawling...too much money for me) but on the inside it will have a streerod appearance. I want a capeable truck for the trail but a classy ride the rest of the week.
    I'm just jealous cause I can't afford a trail only rig...Maybe someday...

James

PS Flamming river does some chrome stuff.

19. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Aint gonna get flamed from me, I am blingy. I like my truck to look good, its capable, and Im a half hot rodder and half offroader. I can go cruise friday night and get looks, kick a mustang GT all over the place, and then take it out and get it dirty.

I tried to build mine for all around use.

Smittybuilt, JCWhitney, LMC, etc all have some stuff. Heck, I have a JCWhitney chrome brush guard leaned up against the wall waiting to install, after I get a new front bumper (chrome stock replacement, my chrome is crappy)

20. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here's another with a "looks good for the Friday nights but still built up underneith to take a little weekend wheeling." type of K5.

Don't let the "moon buggies rule and bling drools" guys bother you. They are just narrow minded and haven't quite grasped that there are more types of people roaming the planet besides them.:D

I'd definantly use aluminum rims, not steel that have been chrome plated, that looks cheesy. Just keep the alums. clean most of the time and that should drastically slow down the oxidation process.

Check out LMC truck, they have TONS of original chrome and non chrome parts for our trucks.