Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cigar storage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 77Jimmy, Sep 21, 2003.

1. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I bought some cigars for a party last night. There weren't as many takers as I thought there was going to be so I have some left over, 4 to be exact. They are in the metal tubes. I don't have a humidor. Does anyone know of a way to store them properly so they won't go bad? They're about $6 a piece so I'd like to be able to smoke them at some point down the road. I thought I heard of someway to store them w/ a wet paper towel???

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Ask Bill Clinton.

3. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I just leave mine inside. Dont' leave them out in the truck!

Although humidors are pretty cheap. You might try http://secure.thompsoncigar.com/default.aspx for a line on a good one. They run a lot of specials and I've seen them as cheap as $40 WITH a bundle of cigars included. What kind did you get?

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

6. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info laketex. Took the advice of the guy at the store and bought 2 Monte Cristo, 2 Romeo y Julieta, and 2 Macanudo. I smoked one of the Monte Cristo since they were the most expensive. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Man, as much as I would like to buy that $29 humidor, I just don't smoke enough cigars to justify it. I'm just looking for a way to keep the 4 I have left fresh. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif