Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cingular???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Aug 21, 2006.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

No more dropped calls my arse... I 've only had this new pnone for a week and after less then 20 calls I got dropped, f@cking liars....:rolleyes:

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!! hell, I lose a signal just as soon as I go into the grocery store. I complained to them and they said it had something to do with the building. I informed them that I can go 20 miles north into another town and go into any store and not lose a signal but where I need it the most, it doesn't work.

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Might be the phone. Usually im the only one of my friends and family who has signal, even when im with people who have cingular. The key is to get the cheapest phone, the one i use now Cingular PAID me $10 to use after the rebate, and it has rocked.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I have the 6201i

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Thats because its not cluttered with other crap... its meant to be a phone and phone only:rolleyes:

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt say that, its got a pretty nice camera and everything. When it came time to renew my contract, they offered me a Sony Z500a for $49.99 with a $60 mail in rebate, so i took it. The first phone i had with them was just a phone, it didnt do anything else. But it also went through more abuse than it should have had to take. Hell, i even ran it over with my K5 and it just cracked the cover.

7. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

"No more lost calls" can't really be taken literally. No cell phone company has 100% coverage, everywhere... which means there will be dropped calls.

One dropped call out of 20? That's not too bad imo, way way better than the service Im currently getting from Verizon (which sucks arse).

Im definitely changing cell plans next chance I get to do it. Seriously considering Cigular, I really like the roll-over minutes (imo not rolling them over is borderline robbery) and the new feature they have that forwards incoming calls to your home line when the cell phone is charging is also very nice.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I had Tmobil and they blow, they used to pull the text message sh!t to let you know you had a voice mail and then charge you for the text til someone sued their asses...1 outta 20s not bad but it really seemed like it was for no good reason at all, I was outside my house talking to a buddy that lives a few miles away...

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

You ever conceder that he just hung up on your sorry ass:D :haha:

10. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm not a fan of cingular, it sucks in my area, I can never get ahold of my friends that have cingular. It always just goes to voicemail

11. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Wow. I've had Cingular for almost a year now and I've never had a dropped call. I got a RAZR phone because it was free. The phone kinda sucks, but I'm pleased with cingular.

12. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

cingular is the best to have around where i have 9 times out of 10 you will be calling someone els with cingular and they pretty much own all the towers in my area

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Fooling wood through surreptitious means is not a moral thing to do

14. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Cingular works great around here. I've had them for about 4 yrs and don't plan on switching. I get better coverage than most of my friends, but the big reason I went with them was the "no roaming charges in the US". That is fairly common now, but wasn't a few years ago.

15. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

what ever you do though please everyone here DONT consider nextel, they are absolutely horrible. If my company didnt pay for my phone I would have thrown this thing in a lake years ago. Its not the phone either, in the last 3 years I have working with this company I have gone through 4 phones. ( I work in construction and break them on things, or drop them....ohh....and one of them was my fault, got a little angry at the phone and it "accidently" smashed into the sidewalk) but the service is so bad its not even funny. It drops calls all the time, about 50 percent of the time when I try to make a call I get some crappy message about FAILURE A21, its abosolute crap!!! :mad: I have been considering buying a phone for personal use only so I dont have to deal with this phone service. Oh and sometimes my friends send me a text message, I dont get it until 3 days later! The same with my voice mails, I wont get them until 3 days later! :mad: I wish our company didnt need the "where you at?" beeper, maybe we could get another service.

I have also had cingular/t-mobile and verizon and I liked cingular the best. :dunno:

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Verizon has the best service around here in my opinion. A couple friends are with Nextel and they drop the calls all the time. Another friend has US Cellular and it is almost as bad as Nextel. Verizon works everywhere I go. Worked all thye way acrost I90 and down I29 when I moved from western SD to Omaha. Works out in all the little hick towns in Iowa that I have too take my mother out to so she can visit her friends. Cricket works in the city, but not outside of town.

17. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Verizon is the only way to go in the Portland Metro area. I had a cingular phone for a year up until this July. There is NO comparison - there was a Cingular billboard on Highway 213 right by my work in Milwaukie - billboard said "fewest dropped calls" or whatever bull$hit - consistently I would get dropped calls RIGHT next to that billboard - co workers experienced the same problem!

I have had Verizon for 2 months - and have had NO problems - NONE!!!

18. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

i cant complain, i get great service everywhere in my town and i got my phone for 50$

[​IMG]

19. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I use Sprint and get good coverage as long as I am near a highway.

20. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Verizon is the way to go especially in Northern Az. They dumped bunches of cash on towers. The only place that is a bummer (at least used to be) was the Kingman area. Some lady back when cell phones were just starting up bought the rights to all of Kingman area and wouldn't lease to other companies. You wanted to use a phone up that way your company had to pay her and of course passed the cost right on to you.