Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CK 3500 drivetrain in a jeep TJ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MountainJeeep, Apr 25, 2006.

1. MountainJeeep

MountainJeeep Registered Member

I was here a couple months ago with the intention of building a Suburban until my wife shut me down. My manhood was questioned and I ran away with my tail between my legs. :doah:

Well as it turns out i rolled my Jeep over the weekend and it is gonna be totalled by my insurance company. I will be buying it back via salvage title and will get a cash settlement to be determined later this week.

Colorado4x4.org folks can check out the carnage in the Trip reports under Billings-5 CO4x4-4.

So I will be using the cash settlement to upgrade to One Ton running gear.

I am still intrigued by running a 350 v8, sm465, and a low range transfer case, with a 60 front and 14B rear, but now squeezing it into my Jeep instead of running it under a Suburban.

I have been looking at CK3500's and was wondering what you all thought about the best year donor rig to buy for this endeavour (TBI is a must).

I submit myself to your infinite wisdom, and hope I don't run away like a little girl after being made fun of for bowing to my wife again :haha:

2. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Anything is possible. Just have to fab everything in. Whats wrong with the drive train now? besides the axles?

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

its doable

if your set on your tj, you'll have to buy tj axle brakets, which werent cheap last time i checked. and they will have to be welded up in a jig, or with alot of measuring and trial and error.

you could ditch the tj, buy a cj/yj with the settlement and then put the one tons in it. plenty of full width swap kits for older jeeps.

probably wont pass emissions with an early 90's gas engine, in a obd II vehicle. but then may be off road only so ...

you'll want to look for an 87-91 V3500 to get what you want. those are the ones that had tbi.

you're probably not gonna get alot of help here, you may wanna try pirate and the jeep forums there. i say ditch the jeep, buy that V3500 and start wheeling it. but im a chevy guy what can i say?

4. dhilgenberg

dhilgenberg Registered Member

Dont think i have seen a one ton swap on a jeep up close but its definetely possible and when finished should be unstoppable good luck with the build