Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CK5 ADDICTION GETS ME 7 PAGE ASSIGNMENT IN HISTORY CLASS!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by speed_deed, Oct 8, 2003.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

OK, I just edited out some of your post, next time I will just delete it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif (CK5 staff)

So yesterday in history class I spent the whole day on ck5, while I was supposed to be looking up war events in american history from 1700 to 1900. Well this dummy in my group tells the teacher who is 23 and has it out for me because my sister and her friends used to call him little b!tch when they were in high school. I have it out for him because he got me expelled. So today when I come to class he asks for my notes 'Left them in my car' I say, 'Alright since you are so interested in cars I want you to write me a 7 page assignment on different exhaust systems which one is the best and which one is cheapest. The kid that was doing with me got the same assignment and he is right now as week speak running around the library like a chicken with his head cut off freaking out because he doesnt know sh!t about cars other than the basic knowledge that cadillacs are 'pimp' all the time and all other cars only have got a chance at being cool if they have huge wheels wide low profile tires dark tinted windows gold trim a stolen cd player and about 6 cheap subwoofers with absolutely no other speaker sound but bass. Alright this is a very easy assignment but after about 4 pages I think I will begin to run out of information and have no inspiration and not enough imagination to finish all of my 7 pages of teacher manipulation. Its funny because this guy has no idea that I have the largest group of people with the most knowledge about automobiles on the entire world wide web!!! He drives a brand new jeep grand cherokee plays minor league ball for the dodgers and grew up his whole life being pampered by rich snotty parents. Alright guys help me out I need 7 pages of exhaust knowledge from you guys. Hel;p me out here its worth 1/3rd of my final grade. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I would start off with the basic components of a Stock exhaust (mannifold, cat, muffler) and explain what they were designed for...Then talk about back freesure and the theory behind a free-flowing exhaust...Then compare and contrast the MAJOR brands of mufflers (Flowmaster, Dynomax, Gibson, Borla, etc) IMO, this is a chance to get some free stuff from the exhaust companies....I did a report on pistons design when I was taking a mech. engr. class my senior year and I have lke 7 different pistons that the vartious companies sent me.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Chris

3. 74beater

74beater 1/2 ton status

CHILL MAN ... JUST SLOW DOWN A LITTLE....
    TOPICS
    HEADER VS MANIFOLD
    SUB-TOPIC
    MATERIALS -- SUCH AS HEADERS MADE OUT 12G STEEL OR 14G
    FLANGE THICKNESS
    4 INTO 1 VS TRI-Y
    TOPIC
    SCAVENGING --- WITH DIFFERENT SIZE TUBE
    BACKPESSURE..WITH RELATION TO PERFROMANCE
    THE IMPORTANCE OF CATALIC CONV(FUNCTION,MAKE-UP)
    THE HISTORY OF EXHAUST SYSTEM
    THE STEAM ENGINE(WHICH WAS POWERED BY THE EXHAUST FROM THE BOILER)
    JUST SOME IDEAS AND PLACES TO START

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY SAWZALL
    TWISTING DRIVESHAFTS SINCE '00

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

the way i would do it is kinda a compare and contrast thing. Try and write about 7 seperate topics(muffs vs glass pack headers vs manifolds ect.), write a page each then when you type them together just come up whith sonme sort of BS that ties em all together. Its alot eiseir to write big papers like that for me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Well, first you have to get part of edited you freaking wanker /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Then you whine about surfing CK5 while you're supposed to do history stuff..............Dude, history rocks /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

But I won't rag on ya too hard.............

By the way, OU is still undefeated, who did K-State lose to? Is our bet still on? My membership is almost due /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

they lost to ut which ou is gonna do this up comming week. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

dont forget you can always talk about emissions regulations and cats/o2 sensors and the like..upstream downstream etc..long tubes vs shorty, single in/out mufflers, versus single in, dual out...

8. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

pfft, I wish my "punishment" assignments in high school were that easy/fun. And did you say surfing the web while in class? God I feel old back when I was in high school the pentium wasn't even released (although we didn't have to use an abacus), the net was in it's infancy, and schools thought the appleIIe was the [darn] *snort*

You youngins don't know when ya have it good /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    when I was in high school the pentium wasn't even released (although we didn't have to use an abacus), the net was in it's infancy, and schools thought the appleIIe was the [darn] *snort* You youngins don't know when ya have it good

[/ QUOTE ]

You younging ???
    When I was in high-school only major companys had computers. And they used punch-cards to load the programs. We didnt have a computer science class and eventually we could take calculators to school for upper level math classes. A couple years after that the Commode-64 and Trash-80 Caca computers were just hitting the market. (ahhh yes, 900kHz processor and 64K of memory. Read your programs from cassette tape and display was the TV). Guess that was about the time PacMan was coming out. What the hell was the internet?

Back to this thread. Im still having a little problem understanding this post.
    You were F_cking off in class, got busted, somehow got an easy assignment and now your asking your fellow CK5 members to do it for you. Did I miss something /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    they lost to ut which ou is gonna do this up comming week. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, please lay off the bong and come back to reality.......................

Bevo is getting BBQ yet again by the Sooners /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. mountainibis

mountainibis Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    He drives a brand new jeep grand cherokee plays minor league ball for the dodgers and grew up his whole life being pampered by rich snotty parents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you need to do a 7 page thesis on muffler bearings. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Doesn't seem like he'd know the difference.

Also - change your font to Courier New. If you already have 5 pages with Times New Roman, you have 7 pages with Courier. Of course, if you were fiddle-dicking in class, you probably already know short-cuts like that.

12. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

hehe I actually had a timex sinclair "computer" don't remember the speed but I had the bricklike 64k extended ram pack. I used to get computer magazines with basic programs that would average 300-500 lines that would have to be typed in to play. You could save them on cassette but it was hit or miss. Sometimes it worked, and sometimes you lost a few hours of typing when the power was turned off. I missed the punchcard era by just a few years. My dad used to work plant communications for the dow jones orlando facility and I would go to work with him. Computers filling a 5,000 square foot room with less computing power than the pc I am using to type this were the norm. But I digress....

I can't say much about dicking off in class because I did that all the time. Didn't believe in homework. My saving grace was that I remembered what was said in class and could take tests well. Sad thing is 90% of the crap they taught us I have forgotten and in the 10+ years I have been out of school I have yet to need it.

13. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    hehe I actually had a timex sinclair "computer" don't remember the speed but I had the bricklike 64k extended ram pack. I used to get computer magazines with basic programs that would average 300-500 lines that would have to be typed in to play. You could save them on cassette but it was hit or miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, someone as old (and twisted) as me! I still have my Timex Sinclair computer...complete with the original box, warranty card and book of programs....

Memory was 1KB standard, but the 16KB memory pack was so expensive I could only DREAM about owning it. Nothing like a flat membrane keyboard with 5 functions per key to keep you from typing with any speed or efficiency....... but at least I got to build it myself. I bought mine in the $99 kit form.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. 74beater

74beater 1/2 ton status

say bubba....hook'em baby

15. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I can't say much about dicking off in class because I did that all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea...I was just giving him a hard time. I did the same thing /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I remember the Sinclair, almost got one of them. The CoCo was alot of fun. Finally bought the dual disk drives ($300) and the Dot Matrix Printer that went with it. Had almost $700 invested in that system /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif The computer finally burned up but I still have the drives and printer. Will probably sell them to a collector some day. Boy do I remember staying up all night playing Asteroid and Space Invaders /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

This is funny, Im only 18 yet I either have or have used all those old computers. My dad has been a technician for over 20+ years, so I used to take apart the old timexs, IBM PCs, XTs, and ATs for fun, Im wierd like that. I had asteriods, zaxxon, those games were cool. ok, sorry to go on about that.
    good luck with your paper, cant tell you too much other than smile and nod, if that kid bugs you, tell him the right woofervalve sounds like its running hard in his jeep, make him go to autozone and ask for a new woofervalve, that can be funny /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. well, im all done, later
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

17. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I once had a coworker looking for a left handed rad hose clamp. The one we had was right handed and the tightening screw was pointing the wrong way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Dude WTF did you type that the boss man had to edit your post?

Anyway, I think 7 pages would be a joke about exhaust technology. I'd start typing the paper and I bet I'd easily be able to do double that.

19. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

I'd put atleast a page on "The Year" or "The Year the Power Died" and talk about how in 1972 /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif the government California-pussy whipped and changed all the laws and how it killed muscle cars and whatnot. . .

20. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. Steve had to edit my post because there were some not so politically correct words in it. If you want to know what they were just refer back to the whole cadillac part and think about what kind of <font color="black">boy</font> this other kid was.