Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CK5, All or nothing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Mar 13, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Geeesh, I go away for a few days and all heck breaks loose!

The way I see it, Steve is stuck in the biggest mudbogg of his internet life. If this site goes membership only and he doesn't get enough people to sign up we will lose the site. If he continues to allow free memberships and doesn't find a way to increase revenues we will lose the site.

After sifting through all the remarks by the bloobs who do not intend on coughing up the $25 and saying goodbye, I think it's obvious that there are a lot of deadbeat folks in here (not all) who do nothing but take up space. IMO they will just go to other boards that are free and take up space there.

About the only thing I can see for Steve to do is hang in there, make it Paying Members ONLY and pray that we the members come up with some solutions on how to get him out of the $12,000 hole he is in.

Although I have gotten into a little trouble with my BIG MOUTH with some of the members regarding the war, the only reason I joined CK5 was to learn as much as I can about our sport and equipment and because of said knowlege I happily paid the $25. I have also decided to keep politics, war and religion out of my posts from now on in order to keep to the original subject of my membership and not alienate myself from the other members. (old people learn faster)

So in closing, I will support anything Steve comes up with to keep this site open. Get that calendar going! And also, if we can donate money to other members who have had bad things happen to them like car crashes and illness in the family, I think we can donate a little bit more to Steve to keep the site open.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    ! And also, if we can donate money to other members who have had bad things happen to them like car crashes and illness in the family, I think we can donate a little bit more to Steve to keep the site open.

[/ QUOTE ] Already got that set up. You can send any donnations to help Steve with the bills. Read my thread "Save CK5" here in Off Topic. Clickery click Just Pay-Pal him some funds at sales@offcamber4x4.com

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yes totaly agree. Buy, donate or what ever any thing to help the site and don't forget to renew those memberships when the time comes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'll be renewing here pretty soon. Couldn't be a post whore if I didn't.

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    post whore

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'll second that. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif