Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ck5 club stuff

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Feb 25, 2002.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

You know, I have been getting more and more request for club type stuff lately, I was thinking maybe I should start a new catagory where clubs could have there own forum, maybe break it up into area's or something, this would be pretty easy and fast to do if your interested.
    How should I do it, east west north south canada mexico? looking for ideas.

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Yeah! Keep those Canadians as far away as possible.
    ** Rene- [​IMG][​IMG]

j/k. Nah, Steve that sounds like a good idea. Could you then not seperate the servers and ease the load on the main site?
    Or would that be more money too?

Its the popping, rumbling, roaring, twisting, flexing, grinding, so you can wheel anywhere medicine[​IMG]

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you talking about more forums (like the second gen) for areas? or are you talking about divinding them up as they are but into areas?
    i think a seperate area like the parts for sale type of deal only
    south west, north west, south east, north east, then maybe Non US. i dunno. thats how i would do it.
    Grant

take me drunk, i am home
    www.geocities.com/seventy4blazer/parts4sale.html

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> First thing to do is get this forum in order ............. There still seems to be a few bugs in it ......... A lot of people have had problems not being able to even get into the site as of late. I hope I don't come across like an ass, Steve .......... I promote the site as much as anybody and it doesn't seem quite right yet. I told a few people about it lately and they would be members for sure but they have come back to me saying that they couldn't get in at all. Just my opinion ......take of it what you will.

ColoradoK5 rules !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

5. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Awe yer just leeked 'cause we spanked you reeeeeel good in that there ice hockey game.lol!
    Steve, would these link to the club site or be dealt with through CK5?
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>
    <font color=red>Because I, Am, Canadian!!!</font color=red>

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I think I"d do it in some type of regional format, like south central and north central etc, areas where every quarter or so, a club run could be planned and it not be too ridiculous (sp?) for members to attend, I know a lot of us can't attend site events because of distance and costs involved in getting there. But if a club event was held within the state then it would be more feasable. Also a side effect of club events would be more promotion of the site. just my .02
    thanks for all the hard work on the site steve, I'll be joining soon as funds allow a little extra cash to be set free.

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

7. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Well could set it up regionally. That would work. It would be cool if we had regional parts for sale to. People who dont mind shipping could double post in te areas. BTW still kicking around Pacific Northwest ColoradoK5?. Never heard back

</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blueknight.alloffroad.com>http://blueknight.alloffroad.com</a>
    "If First you don't succeed, Destroy all attempts you've tried"

8. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I vote for a members only boards on here where everybody can browse, but only members can post.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

9. CK5

Well, I just reamed my host, they are going to give me some more memory for free and I guess we haven't been completly moved over to the new server, go figure, we should not have any more problems after Wednesday.

Steve

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i like the idea of a members only post area too. specialy since my money is on the way :)
    and as i stated before i like the regonal deal.
    hopefully it isnt too much work for ya.
    keep up the good stuff
    Grant

take me drunk, i am home
    www.geocities.com/seventy4blazer/parts4sale.html

11. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

I really dont think you should split up the site. I think it will end up splitting everybody up into there own "click" Everything works well right now.... except for the not being able to get on thing.... which your all over !! I guess i just dont see the benefit of it.

1990 K5 4" lift, 33" MTR's, 14FF w/ Detroit locker, D44 w/ posi, 4.10's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides !

12. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I don't know what you have in mind, but I would hate to see the site broken up. Maybe having a seperate forum for area groups. For example in the message forum you could have a block of forums labeled CK5 clubs, and then have a forum for each area club requested and/or voted in. An example of that might be PNWCK5 Club forum. (Pacific Northwest ColoradoK5) Someone made mention of business cards earlier, I think that would be cool. A card with the website and a little info about us, maybe even my handle and club name (Heavymetal@PNWCK5) That way if I see a guy with an off-road chevy I could introduce myself, give him our card, and suck him into our world. Or just see the rig, I could put it under the wiper. If you couldn't swing that allow us use of the logo to make our own. After you approve the layout of course. This might be a problem though, the increased traffic would crash the site constantly. Maybe I should re-think that? It all sounds like a lot of work to me.

Mike.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/search.php?searchstring=heavymetal>pics</a>

13. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

ok I'm running my mouth again, I'm thinkin, leave the message forums the way they are but add the regional thing for events, get togethers, and parts that people won't ship; also maybe add regional locations in the column on the left with usernames

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

14. CK5

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Maybe having a seperate forum for area groups. For example in the message forum you could have a block of forums labeled CK5 clubs, and then have a forum for each area club requested and/or voted in.

<hr></blockquote>
    This is what I was thinking about.

Steve

15. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Would these forums go offsite?
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>
    <font color=red>Because I, Am, Canadian!!!</font color=red>

16. CK5

offsite? Not sure I understand what you mean.

Steve

17. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I like the idea of having regional/local forums for people to post local issues, like local runs and local parts. Just keep the unity of this site in tact, there's power in numbers. However, it's kind of cool knowing the CK5ers in another part of the country are having a run. It's ok to have catagories, but let's not have too many walls. BTW what's up with the auto vote issue? Are you ignoring it, or have you just missed all the posts about this? This second place thing is giving me a complex. I join a club that has been #1 for a very long time and now that I'm a member we're #2 [​IMG]. Those Sheepheads are kicking our behinds [​IMG].

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds1" Body Lift W/ Energy Susp. Bushings

18. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

One thing I forgot to mention...A members only thing of some sort is not a bad idea, but I'm only saying that because I'm a member. It might encourage more people to join and the more people that join the better. It means you can afford better equipment, more features, and faster access. As it is now the members rides section is the only thing that excludes non members, but the non members just post their pics elsewhere and put up links instead. Don't get me wrong I like to look at those pics too, but something that only members can access might help membership and the coolness of being a full fledged would taken up a notch.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds1" Body Lift W/ Energy Susp. Bushings

19. CK5

Not sure how to even do the auto vote thing, I haven't looked into it yet, sounds like more yuky programming. [​IMG]

Steve

20. smartpatrol

smartpatrol Registered Member

Yeah it doesn't seem like there is that much traffic to warrant making seperate sites by region. Besides the fact that i like to hear opinions of others outside of colorado in regards to this hobby. I like the regional parts for sale/wanted idea though. I am more apt to drive to kansas to pickup a part then to have it shipped from new jersey. I offer my services to the site I am by no means a webmaster but i am a UNIX System administrtor for AT&amp;T broadband and know linux and apache . i also administer a HP-UX/apache website and a Linux/sendmail server in my spare time formally know as www.phantomworks.com soon to be www.shadowsea.com (friend sold the domainname he he) I live in aurora let me know if i can help.

I thought my Computer hobby was expensive......