Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CK5 Get Together at DIXIE RUN...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Depdog, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

O.k. So all you CK5 people that are coming to Dixie. Do yall want to camp in the same spot (except for BigJBear and Grim, they camp with their club) The club that Keith and I belong to are the "Renegades" and we are treated like such. LOL. We are outcasts and usually have a camping area to ourselves. Last year it worked out great as the CK5 crew that showed up had plenty of room.

Next on the agenda is do we all want to run the same ride on Saturday morning. Last year we all did trail 9 and we all went on the earliest ride for trail 9. So sound off if your going and shoot out some ideas here.

Depdog

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'm up for 9 again. Grim & Yeild have winches now so we don't need to sneek them in. What ever we do we need to go earily to avoid traffic.

3. Depdog

Yep, I am up for 9 again myself. Grim, if you dont drive Doller with us this year I will never let you live it down. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Specially since you go da winch, tires, lockers and Chromo Shafts now.

Depdog

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Well, I think I'm out this year /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    Coming to realization that I don't think I will be able to make it for many reasons. Main one is $$$ with the economy and all, it's really hurtin' business right now /forums/images/icons/frown.gif.
    I will try and see though. I REALLY want to go down there again, b/c I know, this time I will TAKE trail 9!
    Boss

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm still working on the CTM's for the shafts /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I got a "Let me think about it". If I don't get those....ehhh I guess we test the limits of Warns alloy shaft warranty /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I have burned though all the money I can get awaywith for the next few weeks. Might also have Disc rears if I have the time to install /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    If my family is not going balistic tonight I might even get my winch Mounted LOL. Speaking of winches....Hows your free spool doing Dep? I have found that it may not be a bad Idea to pull the free spool end of the winch appart from time to time especially if you U-Boat the thing.
    Here is the big problem for Me and BigJ. Our club is supose to do the Kids games Saturday morning. Not sure how many of the club members are going to be needed to run them.

6. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Dep, I liked that spot we had last year. It was plenty big, and everybody over there was real cool. Plus, when I WIN that winch this year, I wont have very far to carry it!!!

Trail 9 sounds good. But to be honest, I really doesnt matter to me. I would love to do guardrail, but.....the top side gets a little narrow I heard.

rob

7. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Well Glen....

I'll be a Tellico newbie so as long as you keep that roll of duct tape away from my a$$ I don't see why we wont be camping over there by you all, where ever the hell that is.
    I'm still trying to see whether or not the wife is coming with me or not. And whats the spill on trail 9 again?

8. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If I get all the parts installed on my truck I'll see you there. If not, I'll probably see you there anyway, but not in the Big Orange. I'm a newbie too when it comes to rocks, and 40's with a 10 bolt front doesn't sound so appealing to me, so even if I got it there, I doubt it would see any trails, much less #9.

9. Depdog

So right now it looks like trail 9 and the earliest run for that trail. Last two years its been 8:00 am and Gunner Byrd leading it.

Grim, my freespool works no problems.

Depdog

10. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I wanna go. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

11. bigjbear

I wanted to got to Moab w/ your group, so I know the feeling.

12. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

where is it exactly?is there any cost involved.gas money of course i will need a lot of /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. bigjbear

14. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

dep, you mentioned camping is included with registration? is that where you guys camp?

trail 9, 11, 12, 2....whatever, let's do it. will be testing new mods...doubler, longer wheelbase, fi, rollcage maybe... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif bringing full set of spare axles, hubs, u-joints...coming prepared i hope.

i am driving up wednesday to murphy...look forward to wheeling with you guys again.

15. Depdog

Yep we camp in the camp ground. If the wife comes, were probably going to get a hotel, because of the shower and stuff. If its just me and my oldest boy, we will camp.

Were going to have a ball.

Depdog

16. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yep we want to go to Moab /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. So what did you think of Robzilla? He's a nutcase isn't he? Man we sure do miss him here. Just aint the same. Great guy. Were going to have to go find his boss and threaten him with bodily harm to get Rob back to Atlanta. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    We been bouncing the links to the run off the club on out e-mail list.

17. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i would like to come but i really dont know what the trails will be like i have a 79 k20 its set up pretty well and i have a 84 k5 that is stock its already beat all to hell that i would like to bring but the engine is only running on 7 cylinders my 79 k20 is my pride and joy it is in like new condition i am not scared of a mud hole or rough trails but i would hate to have it to get beat up on some rocks maybe soon i will have the k5 ready to go me and my family would enjoy going we all love to wheel my oldest son just got out of the hospital he had the fourwheeler roll over on him last saturday night and break his nose and some bones in his face and his left arm he just got home tonight from the hospital but he found out that about the dixie run and wants to go so i would like to know more about it and what to expect if we were to go

18. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

seems like every trail run i hear about im stuck at work that weekend.guess i'll have to stick to hearing about this one just like all the rest of the runs ive missed.hope ya'll have fun anyways.

19. Depdog

Dixie is a blast. Expect body damage (scratches, dents ect) 0n any of the trails especially if it rains. You can never tell what will happen. There are mild trails, but they are no cake walk and there are always low hanging branches and stuff.

Check out the pics of past ones at www.sfwda.com

Depdog