Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ck5 gilmer tx

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by IAK5, Feb 26, 2005.

1. IAK5

IAK5 Registered Member

trying to get some ck5 members together to invade gilmer tx some time in june if you would like to go lets make it happen:cool:

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

i would deffff want to go. but ill need to get the 14b and get it in first. so with my finances ill prob have to wait until this summer.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

If I get my jilopy of a jeep together by then I will go. Not to worry I have not turned to the darkside permanently, the jeep is just to get me by while I build some kind of blazer-demon thing. Gilmer isnt very fullsize friendly just FYI. I only took my burb down 4 of their like 30 trails, there's a few more I could have done but I dont think there's a full day's worth of fullsize wheelin there. But yes, I would be up for a get together.

4. IAK5

IAK5 Registered Member

gilmer tx

we did not have any trouble wheeling there last your but then again we where not in a burb

5. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

True. Well one of my friends in a jeep knocked most of the trees on the class 5 climbs out of the way so they should be ok.

6. short sub

short sub Registered Member

hi- i have never been to gilmer and i would love to make a trip- im lookin for other full sizes to wheel with so please keep me posted on any upcoming rides.
    thanks
    ryan

7. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Keep us posted on the date. I should be able to go. I've been there a few times and it's always a blast. Full size rigs won't have a problem as long as they have a short wheelbase like a K5. Its not so much the width as it is trying to turn on the tight trails without hitting trees.

8. texas78k5

texas78k5 Registered Member

I was out there last weekend! Maiden voyage in my "new" '78 k5.... Alot different than wheeling the Nissan Hardbody....

If I can get my carb probs figured out by then I'll go! :cool1:

9. short sub

short sub Registered Member

looks like were going memorial day weekend- sorry about the short notice. should be a large group from sealy, katy, and some la. guys too. if every shows up should be about 15-20 rigs

later ryan