Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CK5 is environment friendly

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, Nov 19, 2003.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Just came accross these stats that show how many trees are used anually to publish some of the popular magazines /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif wow, just wanted to point out that no trees, rocks or kittens are used to publish CK5.com so go ahead and feel free to subscribe knowing that your enviornment is not being harmed from your support, I know I will sleep better tonight. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

2. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Ok,,,, Thats a good thing,,, If we all got involved the world would be a better place!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Dang, I knew we were on the right track ! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

One question, Steve:

What are you doing cruising barkeater sites in your spare time?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I noticed one of the biggest tree hugging mags on that list is also the biggest tree user too.........................

6. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

P.s. Does this mean you fixed /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif all your leaks???

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

That info was actually from an automotive industry site, thought it was funny, in a sad kind of way of course.

8. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

So we save trees, but what about our obsesion with 500+ cubic inch carbed motors burning a gallon of fuel for every 4 mile you go? Not that I care Ill be dead long before the world is to poluted to live in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Kim says you're not totally tree-friendly. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif She figures about 1/16th of a tree went into the calendars, given that the paper she used was only 20% recycled. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

You should change the slogan on the front page. Can all that crap about being the best GM based site on the planet. Go for the "Environmentally Friendly" type slogan.

<font color="blue"> ColoradoK5.com - The Internet's premiere Environmentally Friendly truck talk site with peaceful settings and a friendly atmosphere! </font> /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I dont know if I will shop at campmor anymore....

I finally went to their store... and they had SIERRA CLUB pamphlets at the door.

Too bad there isnt a Bass Pro near me.. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

But just think, if we took even 50,000 trees and spread it over several acres, we could do some nice wheeling around and over them. Just tryin to do my part for the enviroment!

13. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Ah, Sierra Club...
    go hike to hell!

Oh, and for you hikers out there...
    Camelbak is also a proud supporter of the Sierra Club and Blue Ribbon Coalition

14. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok...what about the trees we have to cut down...
    so a k5 can fit though a trial.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But we're still doing better than Cosmo!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

This has me thinking - Do all of those tree huggers conserve paper or do they actually distribute alot of paper to do their lawsuits and goodie goodie work. It's Ironic to think about what idiotic things they do and not think about. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

not to mention how most lefty envirowackos are fans of big government.. big gov = an ungodly amount of paper use. If these enviro wackos were really serious, they'd focus their main efforts on reducing junk mail and eliminating on-paper tax forms.

hypocrisy is the brother of the left though, so in general they want to be able to use electricity, paper, wood etc themselves... but dont want anyone else to use it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif 99.9999% of "environmentalists" are huge hypocrits. I mean really, if I thought the burning of fossil fuels was going to bring about the END of the world... I wouldnt own a car, use wood/paper products, anything made from plastics, or electricity. I also wouldnt eat any food made on a big farm, cause when those farms were built they destroyed the ecosystem that was there originally and the trucks used to deliver the goos burn fossil fuels too. In short, I'd be cold, living in a cave, hungry, using old animal skins (animals who'd died of natural causes of course) for clothes and generally be miserable and useless. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

17. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Yeah, after they said that they were anti-offroading, and then later retracted it, I no longer buy their products. Besides, 40-80 bucks nowadays for a stinkin bladder system.

I acutally like the Platypus systems better now.

Military seems to like the camelbak ones though. *shrug*. Sure the inventor is rich by now.

18. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

In short, I'd be cold, living in a cave, hungry, using old animal skins (animals who'd died of natural causes of course) for clothes and generally be miserable and useless. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean these eco-liberal-nazi's ARENT miserable and useless already? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    You mean these eco-liberal-nazi's ARENT miserable and useless already? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thats just it, they are not only useless but they are wasting a lot of valuable resources that real human beings could be using!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

20. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

the only problem with this not being a mag is i can't look at it on the s**ter /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif