Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CK5 Member in Iraq Needs Your Help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by seattle73k5, Apr 11, 2006.

1. seattle73k5

seattle73k5 1/2 ton status

The letter below was written for my State and local community, but if you read the Meat and potatoes of the letter and see what I am trying to do and could help I would appreciate it. If you can't help please pass it on to those that might be able to. :bow:

Please pass this letter on to your communities and churches if you would please.;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is a letter I have been trying to get disseminated and I was hoping you could take the time to read it and pass it on. Thanks.

I have been trying to get this information out to the communities of Washington, I sent it to the Mayor of Auburn, the Auburn School District teachers, Administrators, and transportation department and I also sent a copy of this letter to the Governor of Washington State. I was hoping that you might be willing to assist in getting this letter out for more individuals in the surrounding communities might see it as well and be willing to help, Thank you for your time.

This is something I have been trying to put together on my own and one person trying to make a difference is hard to say the least but with the help of others it could be so much easier to help those who are in need.

Thanks again.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To All Concerned,

I’m an Auburn Sr. High School graduate class of 92’ my name is Jared B. Game, I am a Staff Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps and currently deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom this being my second tour. During this deployment I would like to help make a difference in some local children and get them some much needed educational supplies, toys, and art supplies out to the local schools and hospitals.

Would the city of Auburn along with the Auburn School District be willing to hold a collection drive through the schools and City Hall, to help facilitate this by collecting up school supplies, pencils, pencil sharpeners, pens, coloring books, crayons, markers, stickers, paint, paint brushes, water colors, play ground balls, jump ropes, yoyo’s, clothing, stuffed animals, toys and anything else to help contribute to the welfare and education of these kids from the ages of 1 year to 16 years old. Anything you can think of that would contribute to the educational needs and just plan needs of some enjoyment in their lives would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to get some of these things together, enough items to make a difference to the kids in the local towns, there is very little in the way of school supplies, art supplies, and fun stuff in general for the kids in the area, so any items that could be collected up and sent out here to my provided mailing address would be great and would go straight to the hands of the children outside of our air station gates and local communities in the surrounding Fallujah area.

Do you think this is something you could get the students, staff and local community involved in? Let me know if you need me to do anything to help out from out here to get the schools involved. I would like to think my home town would be interested in helping out children less fortunate due to issues out of the their control. These kids have been given the opportunity to see in their lives a freedom, democracy and life style that was not afforded to their parents. A chance for bright futures is based on an education and mental growth that these kids are to some degree being denied due to current circumstances.

All politics aside these kids have nothing to do with what’s going on in their backyard’s and now they see and deal with on a daily basis the results of war, acts of terrorism and many other issues that most adults let alone children will be lucky enough to never have touch their lives.

To put smiles on the faces of these children, from the contributions of a community half a world away would make such a positive impact on the surrounding communities in this country. And that would be well worth the effort of lifting the hand of charity.

I will be sending this invitation of assistance to the other school districts of my great state of Washington in hopes that they too will help me out in making a difference in even one child’s future, education and life. I am in hopes the students and staff together in the schools that made a difference in my life Auburn Sr. High, Cascade Jr. High and Lake View Elementary along with all the other schools within the Auburn district and the surrounding school districts, will help out in making a difference in the lives of these less fortunate children of Iraq.

I also put this invitation out to the hard working bus drivers, mechanics and administrators of the Auburn School District Bus Yard. Due to my mother driving for the Auburn School District for so many years I had the distinct privilege of growing up knowing a lot of the ladies and a few of the guys that make sure the kids of Auburn get to and from school safely everyday. You are entrusted with the lives and welfare of many of the children and young adults of Auburn, like you all were in assisting myself growing up getting me to and from school safely all those years, you all make life easier for many families by doing what you do. So I ask of you to help me in making the lives of a few more kids and families easier and futures brighter by finding it in your heart to help out with my “quest” while I am deployed in Iraq to assist these kids of Iraq.

If a collection of items is put together or just one single item is collected please send it to the following address this way it will come straight to myself and I can get it out to the local children. Please put your contact information inside the package so I can be sure to send out letters of appreciation and pictures of the children receiving the items to all the schools, students and individuals that contributed to helping out.

MAILING ADDRESS

SSgt Game J.B.
    MALS-16 DET A
    UIC 41062
    FPO AP 96426-1062

I have included an attachment with a picture of myself so you can put a face with the name and letter. Some of you might even remember me, several of you that were my teachers, coaches, counselors and principals are still around making a positive impact on today’s youth in the Auburn area.

For everyone that took the time to read this letter I appreciate it and I thank you, for those of you that act on this letter the youth of Iraq thank you.

Please forward this on to your colleagues, family and friends. The more that know of a way to help can only make it easier on those that need the help.

From all the Marines of Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron – 16 DET A, Al Taqaddum, Iraq SEMPER FI !

Semper Fi,

SSgt Jared B. Game
    MALS-39, MAG-39
    MALS-16 DET A Augment
    440 SNCOIC
    Al Taqaddum Air Base, Iraq
    United States Marine Corps
    Active

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'm in on that. I'll put up a copy of this in my office and see what I can get going.

3. seattle73k5

That's what I'm talkin about thanks every little bit helps :waytogo:

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I'll see what I can do!

Good luck with this part though- :rolleyes:
    She doesn't do anything until someone kicks her in the ass.

5. seattle73k5

thanks for the help.....

HAHAHA :haha: yeah I was thinking the same thing but I must have gotten a reply from her office within an hour of sending her the letter, they are going to actually help out go figure what they will do yet I am not sure but they have atleast acknowledged me.:wink1:

6. seattle73k5

So only TWO members of CK5 are interested in trying to help, wow I thought there would have been more. :confused:

Come guys and gals don't be shy, give me a hand doing this would you all :1zhelp:

If you can help out just reply to this thread so I can have an idea of the people interested and will try to send something out here :D

7. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I would love to, but I'm gearing up to go back to the desert again this summer :)

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I already put a box in the lobby, there are a few stuffed animals and such in there.

Not trying to be a d*ck, but are there certain things that shouldn't go? I'm thinking a little stuffed pig may not be the best gift for a muslim child. Anything else that's verboten?

9. seattle73k5

Just use your best judgement we will purge thru the items when they get here before we drop them off ;) ...as for the stuffed pig well it's not like they are going to be eating it :eek1: so I don't see a problem with it.

Thanks for taking that extra effort it will be appreciated.:bow:

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

color me in bro.:D

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

don't forget to guess a number in my free membership post at the top.:D :D

12. seattle73k5

13. seattle73k5

Anyone else there has to be more of you guys out there interested in helping out some kids......:eek1:

14. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

The governor is coming to visit my class Thursday, I'll push this at her. Hard. Like foot-in-the-ass-hard. Like plywood-hit-me-in-the-face-hard.

15. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I'll see if my kids future school (kindergarten soon!) would be willing to help out.

I'll let ya know here in the next couple of days.

I do have a question though. Would stuff printed in English and/or English related be of help or would stuff in the lines of toys be the best? Yea boxes and boxes of pencils would be grand but other stuff a little bit further up the educational food chain might not be so usefull. Y'all are way closer to those kids so.....

16. seattle73k5

How did this go with her did she show and did you get a chance to ask her?

I am guessing this is a lost cause with her after I got a reply from her office I sent a response of what we wanted out here and that was the last I heard nothing in return....Oh well atleast I tried.

for those of you that have taken an interest in this I appreciate the help and I am sure the kids will to. I am starting to recieve items, and thanks to news papers back home in Washington that printed my letter.

thanks again.

Jared

17. seattle73k5

Toys, pencil, color markers, coloring books, play ground toys balls, jump ropes, things that kids use in school....also clothes would be great nothing new anything used that is in good condition would be great.

Books and such not so much 3/4 of the population can hardly read and write their own language let alone english. so items that stimulate mental and physical growth would be best.

thanks

Jared

18. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

It didn't go, it was all class business, and I didn't get the chance.

19. seattle73k5

no worries