Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ck5 member ripping people off

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, Dec 3, 2006.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ok i want opinions from you guys. there is a member here who had a 383 stroker kit for sale. my buddy who blew his motor wanted to build a 383. so arangments wear made for my buddy to go pick it up for $300 from said member. the kit consisted of a set of pistons rods crank and a flywheel. ok first off he didnt get the flywheel it was supposed to be shipped up but he never did get it. so my buddy had to buy one. he took the crank rods and pistons and motor to the machine shop. he gets a call saying that the crank is cracked. ok so he gets a new one and talks to said member and said member says he will give him back $100 for it. that never happened either just like the flywheel. then my buddy gets a call from the machine shop again telling him that 3 of the rods are BENT. so he got a cracked crank no flywheel bent rods and a set of used pistons for $300. and now said member will not return his phone calls or even talk to him any more. so to recap he got a set of used pistons for $300 what would you guys do? oh and said member has bought other things from here and what not since that time so he has had the money to make this right. oh and he has also came through town and had the chance to deliver the money since then on the way to go buy more stuff for himself:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I would be rechecking the crank and rods personally, before I made any snap judgements. Have you guys dealt with this shop before???Gawd I hate to see this stuff happen here, that is unfortunate Shannon...:crazy:

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

get the rope!!

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

OMG WTF Z3PR H@XXOR3D P1P$ ACC0uN+ !!!

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i would agree, try another shop unless you've had extensive dealings with this shop before.

i'd like to think that paying members are smart enough to see what happens when something like this happens to CK5er. if they are in fact cracked and bent, and the shop isnt trying to screw you over, give said party 48 hours to make it right, then out the focker if it isnt resolved. we'll take it from there.

6. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

if you know this is a reputable shop and you trust what they said, I would keep trying to call and get your money back atleast several more times before you oust him. also maybe contact someone you know, knows him here and have them pm him or call him letting know others know about this situation and that he must get this corected right away. then if this does not work call him out in the open and let this s**t hit him in his face.

try to go above and beyond the normal expectation since this is a CK5'er we are talking about. give him the benifit of the doubt, so when its time to oust him no one here can say s**t about you letting his name out. then we will all be all over him backing you up.

sound fair?

7. mudhog

yes my family has been doing buisiness with this shop for years and i have personaly seen the cracked crank and bent rods my buddy has them at his house now he got them back from the shop. now i will say this im not saying this member KNOWINGLY sold a bad setup BUT i would expect the right thing to be done. now this member has seen this post and has said he will now refund $200 so lets see if it will be done or not. if it dose get done ill delete this post but i will update it first to let it be known that it has been fixed

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

draw-n-quarter at Blazer Bash using four K5s and some snatch straps? :mad:

j

9. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

what machine shop do you use? i like ernie at the baxter at delta park.

10. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I think two tries are sufficient with anyone... once they have notice from you that all is not well and that what THEY represented is not what you received they should handle

I know it is tedious but you should be absolutely crystal clear

1)what your understanding was

2) what your expectations are to make it right (in this case a full refund for bad parts would be reasonable)

3) Mistakes happen.. people dont have xray vision.. however NOT facing the problem and ducking for cover shows felonious intent.

Send the person an email/Im with your needs... send it receipt requested... tell them you expect contact within 24 hrs... if they dont

POST THE BASTARD UP and let public opinion help the situation along...

and ... send him a link to this thread... as stated before this website is only as good as its members.. the difference between here and pirate is that people DO know each other.. and we DONT forget

11. mudhog

this issue has now been resolved:D

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Does that mean that we don't get to hang anyone?

Good to hear.:D

13. mudhog

nope not today

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

ya can't just leave it at that, how did it get resolved? Gotta know the rest of the story. :thumb: If it was cool to call a member out... its gotta be ok to talk about how the issue got resolved! :)

j

15. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

yeah, if not, we just turn the direction of the draw and quartering...