Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CK5 needs funding

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, May 10, 2001.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Jerry Lewis telathon time [​IMG]

Just got word that we ran over our quota of bandwidth which means it comes out of my pocket and my pockets are empty [​IMG]. I used to have the picture upload feature tured on to save a great deal of this but the traffic is getting out of hand now (over 1 million page views last month). I hope to get some stickers/t-shirts and caps with the new logo going but need revenue now. (this doesn't even include any of my time)
    CK5 is a great place to advertise yet for some reason most companies stay away for some reason, if you or some one you know would like to advertise please send them my way, we get 1 million page views per month and have been on the net 2 years the 19th of this month.

I see quite a few small start ups help CK5 members with parts and such and thats great , I might just do this myself if people would buy parts from me for a good price, I could advertise here for free and take advantage of the user base like some of the others have done, just lookin fer ideas.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i already bought some stickers, but i'll buy more if i need to.

how about if i just send you twenty bucks? this place has given me at least that much worth of input and advice.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Time for another donation?? Mine will be in the mail at your request. I just saved $200 thanks to this board. If I've got to spend some of that to keep this board; then it'll be well worth it!! Come on people; we can't let this site go!![​IMG]

Let us know Steve & many, many thanks for this site & your efforts.[​IMG]

Brian
    89KBlazer

4. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

If it gets to it, you may have to have like a membership fee. I think most members would agree. I'm for it if you need to. This site is just to important to have anything happen to it. My 2 cents.

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    86 Jimmy 4+3, 35-&gt;39.5 tires,4spd
    </font color=green>
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

So are you looking to cover just this month or do you think you'll need something more steady everymonth (more advertisers)? And how much? (just getting ideas of what we're working with here [​IMG])

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

6. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

You could set up something like a fee-based for people. . I am not talking big money either. Like 1 dollar a month . let me see if all registered users payed even a dollar. that would for sure cover any bandwidth problems. 2000 X $1.00 = $2000.00 and that would cover alot. Your problem is that this is traffic that parks and hangs out for HOURS not minutes. just a thought. I will contribute for sure if things get bad....later

[​IMG]

7. CK5

Thanks for the donation gestures, but the reason I need ad revenue is that I need a constant flow, the site is getting major traffic now and will have more and more expensses each and every month and would rather have ad revenue every month rather than take in donations every month. I see people selling parts as small businesses every day so maybe I should just tap into that myself, I dunno

Steve
    [​IMG]

8. muddin4fun

With that idea, I would let new people get 30 days free so they can get adicted....muhahahahaha!!!

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

9. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

How much member/month are you short?

You should contact the people at corvetteforum.com - 21,000 members and advertising everywhere (slower than shite tho). They might have some good ideas....? You aren't competing in my mind.

I have some other ideas/resources - send me an email.
    Dave

10. CK5

I have another idea, I could sell titles on the message forums maybe, instead of "newbie" or what ever, for a yealy fee you could have something like "gold member" or whatever title you wanted in whatever color you wanted.

Steve
    [​IMG]

11. JoeAngelicchio

Whatever you need to do, lets do it.....

</font color=green>
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. muddin4fun

I don't know how you would get a hold of them, but you might hit Autozone, Napa, O'Riley's....ya know, part store companies and such. Do you already have them advertising? I guess you could go to their website and ask for the big cheese and send them some sort of proof that you have a million hits everymonth. If they're smart, they'll at least raise an eyebrow.

[​IMG]

13. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Steve

Not to be nosey & you don't have to answer if you don't want to but what kind of monthly budget in round dollars would it take to cover the site's expenses?? Hundreds? Thousands??
    Just asking cause like others said; if you had even an annual donation time of $20 each, that would total up to be some decent dollars, wouldn't it??

Please let us know.

Brian
    89KBlazer

14. CK5

I've tried places like napa, carparts.com etc, they all want you to use their afiliate programs that do nothing but put money in their pockets and mostly give them free advertising, I might as well just sell the parts they sell myself.

Steve
    [​IMG]

15. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'll take a gold membership, 2 hats, 2 t shirts, and three stickers..... :)

16. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

We kinda started in on this road before and server costs end up to be big bucks. I think this is where people who work for large national companies and internet companies/business can help. I know one member works for autoaccesory.com, now maybe he can see if they would be interested in advertising here. I would think this would be a primo spot for anything auto realted and definetly money well spent considering... just my $.02 worth and maybe I'm all wrong. Not a internet guy or even a businessman LOL. But basically if you're national or are an internet business try running it by some people in the advertising department or one of the big whigs. Another thought Steve would be maybe seeing if lift companies like Superlift, skyjacker, BDS, etc. would be interested. I could see this being a huge success for someone like BDS who get's there free press here, but this way every person who checks out the boards see's the BDS Banner.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

17. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I too would like to help us out! Donation, memberfees, whatever......
    Hey if you open a Cyberstore and carrie everything from seals to custom parts I would buy from you(MUST be made in the USA stuff). Mabie you and Mr. Watson can do some type of partnership deal and put ORD in more of a complete package and sell ALL Blazer parts........?????

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

18. muddin4fun

Well, if anything, I'm all for a membership fee if we gotta. I'll wind up dead if this site can no longer go on [​IMG]
    I'm sorta addicted.

[​IMG]

19. JoeAngelicchio

Excellent idea. Softtops too..[​IMG][​IMG]

</font color=green>
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

How much for Carpel Tunnel. Oh....Wait a minute, maybe thats not from this.........LOL [​IMG]

No....really, anthing we can do to help just let us know.

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]