Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CK5 needs our help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, May 23, 2001.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I have noticed there are a LOT of old timers on this board that I'm NOT seeing any responses from on the donation issues. come on people pull out those check books!!

everybody can donate something, and has no excuse even if it's just a couple bucks!

another thing to keep in mind is this is NOT a one time thing. we need to keep sending $$$ every month until Steve tells up to stop.

This site is too awesome, and I don't want to see CK5's existence jeopardized because we're all to cheap to pitch in. Steve's got a new baby on the way, and we ALL know thats a LOT more important place to spend money. lets make it so he doesn't have to stress about $$$ for CK5!!

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

No offense meant but do you have to post 5 different posts about this?? [​IMG] I guess it is good to spread the word !

~ <font color=red>S</font color=red><font color=blue>l</font color=blue><font color=orange>y</font color=orange><font color=yellow>D</font color=yellow><font color=purple>o</font color=purple><font color=green>g</font color=green>

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Some of us are helping but did not post just to say "me too"...

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I consider myself an old timer here. I would be interested in helping out. Steve, do you authorize this?

Neil

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

5. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Yea I think he does. Alot of people have been sending him money by checks and stuff.

~ <font color=red>S</font color=red><font color=blue>l</font color=blue><font color=orange>y</font color=orange><font color=yellow>D</font color=yellow><font color=purple>o</font color=purple><font color=green>g</font color=green>

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

As baddog said, many of us are contributing $$ without the advertisement.

<font color=orange>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com</A>

7. solowookie

hey I'm gonna keep posting this and posting this!!! so don't expect me to quit anytime soon.

if everybody would have taken the hint and initiative and sent Steve money last week when he posted about money making idea's we never would have had our pictures taken off. I take personal offense to that!

I don't know how he could have made things any clearer, and I'm sure he HATED taking the steps he did. You, I and everbody else should be ashamed, and I'm gonna keep posting about it until MONTHS have gone by Steve hasn't had to worry about it!

I love this site and I intend to see it stay around if I have anything to do with it. What do you think the next step he would take is if he lost his job and he had to put money out for CK5??? everybody would do the same thing, after all he has a family to support! that should come first.

8. solowookie

I think it's awesome people are sending money w/out the advertisement... keep it up guys. believe me I'm only trying to be a jerk because I don't wanna see CK5 become a burden to Steve, and something he has to shut down.

If you were Steve sitting there watch the bandwidth usage go up, the site not supporting its self enough, a new baby on the way, and having seen other sites go down because of similiar issues you all should be nervous.

I feel terrible he had to take the pictures off, TERRIBLE!

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Whoa man, are you on the CK5 payroll? LOL!!!!! Anyhow, $20 is on the way to Steve on Friday- Of course, it's Canadian money and will only be worth about $13 US...........

One thing to keep in mind, Jeff- This isn't the first time this has happened. I beleive sometime last year there was a cash crunch for Steve when he redesigned/upgraded the site. At that time most of us "old timers" agreed that if Steve wanted to make it a paysite, we would go along with it. Steve basically flat out refused to make it a paysite, though.

And without trying to sound rude, a lot of folks around here are worth their weight in cash for the help they offer others. Without guys who are willing to help people with problems with their K5s, the forums would have no reason to exist. I personally think that there are a few guys aboard who already donate enough to the site- it's just that they donate their time instead of their money..............(Remember- TIME = MONEY)

Not trying to lean on you, BTW. Just pointing something out.

<font color=red>PHOTO ALBUM-</font color=red> <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798</A>.......<font color=blue>TRUCK & HIKING PICS</font color=blue>

10. solowookie

hey, thanks for the info. I do realize the way a lot of members contribute around here, and I agree... to a point (nuff said)

I've only been a member since 3/31/01, but since then I've spent a LOT of time here. I don't have the experience in being here as long as you have. I, however, live in Wyoming and work in telecommunications (voice and data). All my clients are in manhattan and la. that should speak volumns about my back ground.

I eat sleep and drink this industry so I'm not 'wet behind the ears'. Steve's got VERY HIGH bandwidth requirements, and I'd be willing to bet it's spiking more everyday, and it's gonna get a LOT worse. it's also gonna get a LOT more expensive.

Steve's not gonna ask for memberships, and I think it would hurt the site. We are going to have to be self motivated to help him float things until he figures out how to make it financially support its self. Otherwise he's gonna wake up one morning and realize he can't do it anymore.

I'll bet Steve's seen it happen, and I've seen it happen to many times to count. I'm sure we've all seen it.

11. WOODYJ

WOODYJ 1/2 ton status

Solowookie is just trying to keep the boat afloat. I really think the you "old timers" are to be admired as far as the time and wisdom you have put into the site. I know it is true that time = money. I know that all of you "old timers" have put your time and soul into helping people on the site!! If it wasn't for your knowledge of the ck5 this site probably wouldn't exist today. I have looked at allot of the number of posts you have made. That takes time and allot more knowledge than most people can comprehend. I am a "newbie" at this site, but the knowledge you folks have about the ck5 and all the working components is phenoomenal(sp?). All I can say is I applaud you for your effort. What Steve needs now is just a little support to keep this thing going so we can learn from you "old hands". I know I tried to do my part to help. I just hope all of you realize that we all need help at some time or another, whether it be in the knowledge area or the monitary area. Whichever it is, we should all try to help so we can continue the effort or the learning. Steve needs help monitarily at this point, so that is what we should concentrate on to keep the site open. Then we can get back to the nuts and bolts. I know I like the nuts and bolts allot better, but let's take care of business!! I guess I put in my $.02 worth in, now lets get down to business and make it work together. If it wasn't for this site we would be talking to ourselves about that d**n blazer in the drive that won't go. Let's pull together and make the boat float!!

k5woody I Don't Understand The Jeep Thing Either!!!

12. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Many people who contribute to ck5 do not choose to "advertise" their actions in posts such as this. Perhaps those "LOT of old timers on this board" that you're "NOT seeing any response from" have chosen to contribute silently. Or perhaps they've found another way in which they can contribute. Or perhaps they have sent money previously when times were good for them and now times are not so good and they are holding out till they can spare the money to send. Sometimes not "pitching in" monetarily is not a matter of being cheap, but a matter of circumstance. I don't mean to pick a fight or flame or anything along those lines, just to say my piece. Additionally in regards to your other post, for those who you don't see as "pitching in", it may not necessarily be a matter of "getting off your butt" but rather a choice of food/clothing/shelter/family over a website.

Thank you,
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

13. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

As an "old board member" (I've been on since the old message board), I agree & I don't. I agree that you don't "need" to advertise that your sending in a contribution to the CK5 board but I think that when more "advertise" the fact that they are contributing, then other fence sitters may join in. I agree that this site should not be one of those pay sites but there's nothing wrong (IMHO) with solowokies plight to make sure that CK5 sticks around.
    I disagree however, that it has to be a choice over food/shelter/etc. If you've got the bucks to spend on off-road parts, accessories, etc, then surely you can take a buck or two & contribute to the board. I'm trying to build my Blazer on a budget & sure, I could use the money for something else for me but if it weren't for this site, I'd have literally spent thousands of dollars blindly hoping that what i got was what I expected. Thanks to this board & its membership, I could buy knowing almost exactly what to expect.
    And in the end, I can truly thank one person directly; namely Steve Fox. If he hadn't put up this website, I wouldn't have met many of the people that have helped me along the way with my Blazer & my buying decisions.

I too am not trying to start a flame war but just think that most of us could afford a few dollars for OUR site!! If you can't, then that's OK too but I think that if you've been able to benefit from this board nearly as much as I have both in gained knowledge from others & from money saved, then you owe it to yourself to send in what you can. If it's nothing, then so be it!

I'll get off the soapbox now.

Brian
    89KBlazer

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well said dude!

Rene...sending money soon

My ass is numb...

15. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hello Gang! Some of you know me some don't. I too have been here sence the "Old Board" hmmmm what the hell year was that anyway....98 or 99 I don't remember but anyway I don't have a whole lot to say but one thing Biran89KBlazer said applies to me also. I bought my rig in 93 and until I found this site I was at the mercy of only my local shops/mechanics and what they told me was the "right thing to do" was. Now a days , because of this site, I do EVERYTHING myself. Hell I even am in the middle of a R&P swap and all my cyber dude friends have helped me doit and doit right all from here CK5!
    anyway every morning I look forward to loging in and checkin things out and when it is down for whatever reason i sit and staire at the celling saying damn what am I gonns do now??????????
    I am addictied to CK5
    Oh and "Checks in the mail"
    Later
    Burt4x4

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

16. solowookie

Brian,

that was an awesome post... I think you said everything the way it really needed to be stated! [​IMG]

17. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

18. shane

shane 1/2 ton status

How about this for an idea. Every time this site saves you money on your truck you donate 5 or 10% of the amount you would have spent to CK5. Lets say that you need to fix a small problem on your blazer, going to cost 200 bucks at the mechanic. The people on this site help you out and you fix it yourself for $35 in parts. Donate 20 bucks to the cause and you still saved yourself $145 !!

Just an idea....

Just keepin it Canadian[​IMG]

19. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

To all,
    I was just about to sell both my K5's when my neighbor told me bout this site. I am very pleased to say that from visiting this site made me reconsider my desion to sell and instead made me go on a rampage with my rigs. The people I have meet on this board and the people I meet when we all got muddy are great. I for one agree that anything will help steve out.
    Being that I am sitting infront of 3 web servers my self, The service he provides for free (IMHO) is well worth it, and by seeing that he has 2500+ members I would hope we all could spare some change and send it his way. Once againg I just have to say this is a great site and besides Ebay(sorry Steve) this is the only site I visit daily. Maybe we should put up a collection jar for steve when we all meet up in july at hollister??? OK I'm done ranting...I'm getting my check book right now!

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!!
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

20. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

1. if it wasn't for this board I would probably be driving a Heap.
    2. this board has saved me so much money
    3. this board is preparing me for the rest of my K5s days...which are going to be alot!!

Steve needs help. If it wasn't for this site I would have never gotten anywhere!!

Check is in the mail....after I buy a stamp.....

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://SK-15.coloradok5.com>http://SK-15.coloradok5.com</A>