Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CK5 rocks! (thanks Greg72 and Barbastard -- and duh, Steve!)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dremu, Apr 8, 2003.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Steve, got my membership stickers in the mail yesterday. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, guys, I owe a bunch of people favours as I've now officially been helped by quite a few. I just hope I can return them to CK5 folks when they need it.

The latest project (thanks Nathan!) was modfying my Valley Industries-style swing-out tire carrier ... to be a 3x gas can, or 1x gas can + tire ... carrier:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I fabbed up a coupla new brackets to hange the cans on, using the original as a guide, and drilled and cut the assorted hardware bits ... and Barbastard was nice enough to zap them all together for me. Coupla coats of primer and paint, and voila, she's looking good. The tire usually lives on the front, but I can pop off two cans and switch the tire to the rear with a coupla sockets.

Also got my rear rollbar mounted, reinforcement plates and all, and I'm in the process of scamming some nice high-density rubber pipe insulation as padding /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again all!

-- Aaron /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I want to know the story behind the "Tank Girl" license plate...

Nice can carrier, by the way! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

3. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Well, Tank Girl is a movie based on a comic book I'm told. A crappy movie, but a movie nonetheless. The only redeeming value of the movie was seeing Ice-T dressed like a person that belongs in the loony bin.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Let me rephrase. I have heard of the movie "Tank Girl", and I am interested in knowing why his license plate says "tank girl". Dang, tough crowd here...</font>

5. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I probably wasn't clear either. I'm guessing it's because of the tank. I mean, what else can I say?

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Wrath, you're right on. It's an Australian comic, and all the trucks are named after characters from it -- TankGrrl /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif, SubGrrl /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif, JetGrrl a small /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif, and the latest (the Chalet) is Camp Koala. Hey, there's no icon for a Chalet /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was mostly just sort of fun, to have a big brawny truck named after a girl -- my wife drives it too, though lately she's been partial to the Burb -- and it sort of spiralled from there, keeping with the theme /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As a matter of fact, Tracy told me we may have to keep this Burb intact for her and buy another one for the Chalet project /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Won't find me complaining about another fullsize -- save parking issues /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-- A