Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CK5 sticker in Wichita, KS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Goose, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I saw a mid '80s orange K5 with a ColoradoK5 sticker on K-15 be Pawnee today. I tried to get a closer look, but had to get somewhere. Just thought I would say something since it was the first one I've seen anywhere except mine. It was kinda cool.
    BTW, does anybody know if the rear windows locked on the K5s before the electric rear window??

[​IMG]

2. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Hey Goose, yeah the rear windows locked before electric windows. There is a keyhole in the latch that you access when you release the handle. Gotta love the technology!

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Sorry to say it wasn't mine. My truck is blue and I haven't got the sticker in the mail yet. But wuhoo! for Wichita. Hey Goose, I've never seen your truck around. Are you usually only out southwest???

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Hey Goose, how's it hanging? Did this blazer have 8 lug axles and black wheels? If it did, I saw it sitting at Surveys last Friday. Then on Saturday we saw the same blazer in Salina parked at one of the bars.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by thatK30guy on 02/22/01 08:35 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

5. K5_73

K5_73 Registered Member

Not me Goose. Mine is hmmm....Zebra striped primer, at least until it gets warm enough to bomb it all black primer. Haven't seen that orange one around though. I think it's pretty cool that at least 3 of the 73 K5's on this board are in the Wichita area....and they said the full tops were hard to find! Well, I know of at least one that won't be for sale for quite some time (and given that I'm practically related to '73 K5, I think that makes 2). One a side note, just got my 2.5" duals and Flowmasters installed today, and man does it sound good! Oh, and '73 K5, wouldn't you say that yours is more of a RUST than Blue color? :)

Stupid hurts

6. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

K30guy, been staying busy with work and whatnot. About the K5, I just saw it in my mirror about 3 cars back and in the other lane so all I saw was the hood, grill, and windshield, and some dude driving it. It looked like it had a 4" lift and was straight. If it's the same one you saw, this guy is doing some traveling. Maybe works for Surveys....you know how much they travel.

I don't drive mine around that much. Mostly on the west side of town, and down south every once in a while. With all this rain I need to get out to the river by Augusta.

[​IMG]