Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CK5 Tellico 2003 K5 Run

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Depdog, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

O.k. folks, I will email the group again, but please post on this thread if your going, when your going to arrive, and what your going wheel (K5, K10, Jeep ect) Also you dont have to give a total rig breakdown, but what are you up for as far as trails go, do you have a winch?

I will be going up Thursday afternoon, and will probably run some rough trails Friday morning. Everybody is going to meet in the Wal-Mart Parking lot in Murphy on Friday eve. somewhere between 5-6:30 pm. We will probably go and eat after oogling each others rigs. Saturday morning we will meet at the NC paystation, it has tow rig parking and is accessable by cars as well. Meeting time is 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning.

Depdog

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I'm coming Thur or Fri.Not sure where I'm camping,either Hanging Dog or Crawfords.Gold 88 SWB,SFA,38 swampers.No winch,prob trails 4/5/6/8/?7/?2.Got to drive it home so I try not to kill it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I'm going to try and be there Friday afternoon along with Bill (79Beast) and Shane. I have a '72 LWB Chevy on 39.5s, one-ton and lockers, but no winch. Bill has '79 Chevy on 44s, one-ton and lockers with a winch. Shane has 1st gen Bronco on 36s, lockers, winch, etc. Bill and I have never been, but Shane has gone a bunch of times. I just want to hit some challenging trails, so I'll just try to follow the crowd. My only drawback is no winch and my driving. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will

4. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

I am coming up on Fri afternoon. Leaving Va Beach around 6am. So how ever long it takes us to trailer the 2 rigs on one trailer. Staying @ crawfords.
    1 83 k5 with 8k winch,stock gears and 35 grabber ap's, Not sure on how much I want to rip it up.
    1 k10 on 38's not sure of the gearring, probly have a 9k winch mounted prior to gettin there.
    My wife and youngin are comin so I will probly watch more than anything. I do want to try some of the trails to gain some experiance /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif since I mostly mud run. I don't know the trails at all so I will be listening in what trails I think I may hit. Advice is more than welcomed /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    We will see about Fri night since we aint sure on our arrival. We are figuring 9 hrs. of drive plus settin up camp.

5. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifFresh meat for the trails. Me and Dep was talking about my first trip. It was a blast. Just remember to bring good tools and some spare parts!!!!!I have winch and plan to be there Thursday some time.

6. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i'll be there on thursday afternoon, Dep i'm staying right next to you at the "lock'em in" cabin.

i'm on 35 boggers 1/2 ton 3.08's open. 12k winch.

i'm up for some moderate trails and body damage is no prob.

i'm trailering /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Lookin forward to it. Like I said I may have to drive it to work on Tues. I could slide a week at most without it, so be easy on me LOL. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. All that's said and done what kinda spares are wee talkin. I got some but want an overall opinion?

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hope to get to crawfords friday afternoon and set up camp. If I can go.
    Then I'll make a run in to The trail system and listen to the CB for Dep to see what time he will actully make it to wall mart. about 3:30 I'll head back to Walmarts and report anything I find.
    Channel 4 Dep? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

What Cb Channel

10. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

If I can get my tranny back in (sheared the output shaft off the SM465) I'll be there midday Friday with my 79 K10 with stretched wheelbase FF14 rear with 5.13s, disc brakes, and detroit front D60 with 5.13s detroit 35spline stubs, crossover steering, 8000lb winch on the front, 18.5x44-16.5 TSLs. 72 Thing will be with me and is similarly set up with a 72 C10 running 4.56s with 39" TSLs on 15s. We intend to run pretty difficult trails. We will more than likely be bringing a buddy with a 69 Ford Bronco with Teralow gears in the Tcase, 302, 9" rear with 1.5" axles, spool, and 4.88s. His front D44 has 4.88s with a truetrac and he runs chromoly axles and 37" Boggers.

11. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

AWWWWeee! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif We be getting close here gentlemen and ladys.
    Damn, you guys are gonna make me look small here with this talk of "42's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Keith, How is the newest wheeler in the family coming along? Great I hope.

The wife and another possible back seat loofer. We are "planning" on being there and "READY" by 3:00 (ISH).
    Depending on what I find after crawling of this site into the land of cabin or hotel for the wife. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hopefully I'll be sporting my 400 tranny. But other than that, it'll be the same rig as the Dixie Run.

OH WAIT.. Yeah Yeah, that's it I forgot about the Detroit in the Rear. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If I can keep the front together we'll be a happy camper. Devil Dog!! You might wanna make note to bring the welder and "another" steering box. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Planning on the hotel diagonally positioned adjacent to the Wally World parking lot.

L8R

12. Depdog

Channel 4 on the cb sounds fine to me.

Just so yall know, I have 14 bolt rear Dana 60 front with crossover, both have 4.56 gears and Detroits. 35 spline stubs and hubs with forged ujoints on the front. 39.5" Tsl's on Allied Beadlocks, HS9500i on the front, on board air, and welder (will have both MIG and Hight Frequency D/C ARC welding). If ya break I think Keith and I can get you fixed, and or out.

Depdog

13. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Spare parts=axles,u-joints,steering parts. I carry tons plus Dep carries a Unassebled Blazer in the rear /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I finally talked him out of carrying an ammo can full of bolts. Had to weight 20+ lbs. We carry extra oil change, dif fluid, well all fluids for that matter. I think Grim had a write up a few months back that might be helpful to review. Please have winch points front and rear on your trucks. If not we hook to the tie rod /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sounds like we will have a great time

14. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm still doing last minute mods but I'll br there thurs around noon. With the wife and a couple a frinds.New to tellico but I'll run what I brung, 44 boggers 5.13 14ff dana 60 35 spline 12000 ramsey spare parts trailering it so I'll run but gonna try not to roll it bein the wifes birthday and all. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif detroits f+r

15. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

So where all is the majority of you all staying?

Channel 4 it is. Damn! that means I have to get another one of those too! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

16. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'll be at the elder cabin of tellico cabin rentals I'll be riding around looking for others as soon as I get there. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

17. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I'm staying at Crawford's. Me and Dep will be Driving up. No trailers needed /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Lots of new people to meet this time. Crawfords has a rock garden and a ramp if any are interested.

18. Depdog

I have the ATV Den of Tellico Cabin Rentals and will get there sometime late Thurs afternoon eve. Keith is at Crawfords, 79Beast has the other small cabin by the ATV DEN.

My K5 looks like my avatar except for the Black Bead Locks and 39" Rubber now.

Depdog

19. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Well, no decisions yet. I'll ponder it a day or 2 and make an executive decision.

20. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i plan on being there friday afternoon to meet you guys
    at walmart. my truck is stock except for a 4" lift and
    some 35's. but i wasnt planning on wheeling. i would like to come down and meet you guys and see tellico for the first
    time and watch you guys work the trails. i plan on taping as much as possible and would like to know if anyone has a spare seat for my ass so i can ride along. i would really like to check this out. plan on staying at crawfords once i find it.