Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CK5er in McKinney??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Jimmy, Jul 29, 2001.

1. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I was at Albertsons on Eldorado yesterday afternoon, and spotted a Black and White K5...sorta muddy....6" lift 35's(?)...cut fenerwells, etc.....just wondering if this is a fellow CK5er......I didn't have time to wait around or I woulda left a note or something......I really just wanted to know where he found the Mud....it hasn't rained here in way over a month....JD

Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

2. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

hey i live in dallas, and im not the person u saw at albertsons however i might now where some mud is, however this mud is not for the kind hearted hell, i would classify more under clay but all in all its mud. Anyway i got stuck their last summer with my burban and as u remember the weather wasnt much different and this was at the end of august. Anyway its at stemmons and Regal Row by Wallys golf shop, wat you can do if u have enough clearence is jump the railroad tracks and hop onto the dirt road, make sure the highway is on ur left, on ur right ull see a drainage thing and usually on part will be somewat dried out, its not that big, but its deep as hell and i recomend some speed, this is all part of the trinity river. Anyway i hope that helps suppress the craving for mud, i know how it feels when its 104 outside and theres no mud in sight. my friend jake, he is part of ck5 and he can give u instructions to a nice place but it needs to rain first for his place. I hope to head out to my mud spot in a couple days once the blazer is ready.

phillip

3. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Phillip, I'll give you a shout next time it rains.....I got Black dirt county roads all over the place where I live....and a couple of cotton fields....there's also a "tough truck" course of sorts around Stemmons and Regal Row on the other side of the levee just west of the bridge (I think) haven't been there in a couple years...JD

Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

4. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

hey Jimmy, i live in mckinney over by the new high school, even though i don't have a k5 yet i still ride fourwheelers and i know lots of places where there is mud. if you go north on 75, then go west on wilmeth, when you get to the dead end you can go around and on to two lakes back there, the first one has had all the trees cut down for building so you can get to the mud real easy, adn theres also alot of dirt roads over there by the youth barn. but id say that lake lavon would be the best place to wheel. if your interested i can give u some directions to get to a great piece of CORE property right next to the lake that has some mud. even goes to the shore of the north partr of the lake. and by the way are you sure it was blakc and white? or could it of been brown with white on the bottom? cause if so thats got 38 SX's and that the truck i plan on buying

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Looks like we got the needed rain........I usually wheel at 75 and George Bush...usually on the SE corner, but sometimes on the W....nothing hardcore at all, but still fun.

90K5

See my truck at <a target="_blank" href=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</a>

6. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

damnit this always happens when im out of town and on top of that the blazer needs a rollcage.

phill

7. Lotsa_Faith

George Bush? where's that at? so who all lives in mckinney? and what do yall ride so ill know who it is when i see yalll?

8. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

george bush is the new turnpike, its the new autobahn, from wat i hear its always empty, just head north on the tollway and ur bound to hit it. i drive a 76 K5 thats green with white stripes on the side, its a full convertible with a soon to be rollcage, 4in lift and currently 33s, its pretty hard to miss

phill

9. Lotsa_Faith

oh ok thats what i was thinking at first. so do u live in mcknney?

10. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

hey shupach - checked out Bush today, dry as a bone, your not missing anything......still did some cool donuts though......i drive a black '90, 3" lift and 33's, AE wheels. look at my site for pics.....

90K5

See my truck at <a target="_blank" href=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</a>