Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ck5'er spotted...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Apr 17, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

ck5\'er spotted...

SE 6th and Division, at about 230pm on april 16th. Light blue K5 with a coloradok5.com window sticker on the passanger side topper window. Wonder who it could have been.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I was sitting outside of work in my armored truck when you drove by... you mighta seen me, but you seemed to be hauling a$$, so maybe not. lol!!!

j

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: ck5\'er spotted...

that was me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif my buddy Chris works at that body shop across the street /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

if you don't blink ill be going by there again tomorrow /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. jekbrown

maybe I'll see ya again... we dont tend to sit outside the shop with a full truck for long though, so maybe not. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

it was cool see'in another ck5'er out and about though... its the first time Ive ever seen a truck with a ck5.com sticker on it in public. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

5. mudhog

i drive by there at least once a week /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif is that your blazer on the side of the building?

6. mudhog

oh and im always going fast /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. jekbrown

no, there is a stock-ish white K5 that is around the shop all the time but I dont even know whos it is... since we all start/get off at different times and stuff at my shop I dont really get to talk to other guys much about what they drive. Anyway, its a decent K5 and sorta reminds me of mine before I started messing with it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Considering gas prices, I wont be driving my rig to work any time soon... $2/gallon is steep when you only get 10 mpg and you end up stuck in rush-hour commutes a lot. doh! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif It'd be cheaper to buy an early 90s geo metro, tune it up really well, strip out everything but the drivers seat and roll with it. Thats prolly what Im gonna end up doing... cause once I move out I wont have access to my dads little ranger and its 24 mpg anymore. Anyway, i bet a well tuned stripped older metro could get like 55-60 mpg... that'd be niiiice. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

AFA your speed goes... I dunno, maybe it just seemed fast because I spend all day lumbering around in a heavy as heck armored truck. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif On 84 I actually got it all the way up to 68 mph once... floored on a slight downhill. Thats about all she's got. Whats neat is that I can drive that fast iun a 50mph zone right next to a cop and they dont give us any poopoo. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

8. mudhog

naw i was going fast lol i always am /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif