Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ck5'ers...what do you think of this

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bone85K5, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Ck5\'ers...what do you think of this

As I usually do my surfing thru the usually sites tonight, I thought of something that we all might like. How about a section of this website be devoted to making like a "all-star readers poll" (from FW mag) type area where say for instance you wanted to find out about "What's the best muffler to put on my 91-76" K5/Jimmy?" Well, here we could either have a poll to show what muffler we liked and a few descriptions of it. This could include intakes, axles, soft tops, seats, and steering wheel or even tires and cd players. Does anyone follow what I am trying to get at? I know many of us love to modify our trucks but nothings worse than buying something you later wish you hadn’t. Now, I know the forums are for this but I think we can all basically agree that there are certain mods or parts that we all endorse and suggest to others, down to the part #. What does everyone think about this??

Ben
    85 K5 (me)
    91 Sub (Dad)
    90 K5 (Me & Dad)
    95 Sub (Mom)
    96 Tahoe (girlfriend)

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Re: Ck5\'ers...what do you think of this

Sounds like a good idea, but I know I like to hear what people have to say w/ the product. Like before I lifted my rig I pm'ed a lot of people and made a lot of posts to find out what people liked what and how they used their rigs. I also like to get a feel for the person and w/ all the info above I tend to make a decision. I mean there are so many variables... Crawlers and daily drivers may love the shackleflip to death, but someone who wants a stiff mud suspension or tows is gonna hate it. So many variables and different ideals... Didn't really say much but that is my $.02 on the subject.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

3. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I have thought about something like this as well. At <a target="_blank" href=http://dvdtalk.com/forum.html>dvdtalk</a> they have what they call [bold]One and Only[/bold] threads that a member will compile data and it will be updated by him with all new info so you do not have a post 30 times in two days time. Most are awesomely done and use input already existing on the site along w/ new info.

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

4. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Gotta 2nd CaptCrunch, It would work really well but with so many different interests here it may not work real well, such as crawlers, street drivers, mud, sand,etc. You wouldn't be able to get the dislikes and like of the product. Could give it a trial though and see what becames of it over a period of say 3 or 6 months, just to see if it would actually help/hurt peoples decisions.

Thanks, (in advance)
    Hawglet
    hawglet@excite.com