Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clarification on John Kerry post.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Oct 31, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

One post mentions Kerry's, "Fellow Soldiers."

John Kerry has never earned the title, "Soldier," and he surely never will. I can think of a lot of titles that he might have earned (we'll never know for sure) but I can be sure that, "Soldier" is certainly not one of them.

If I may ask in the nicest way possible, please, nobody ever refer to this freedom hating scumbag as a, "Soldier" ever again on this board.

Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

In all fairness to that POS, he HAS seen more action than you ever will.

3. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

I thought all persons currently in and that had been in the military were refered to as Soldier's? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, Tim is right. Kerry never earned the title. Now he was a sailor, but no soldier.

It's nice little semantics like this that most civilians will never understand. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's nice little semantics like this that most civilians will never understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear that...just like Hospital Corpsman stationed with the Marines...people always wanna call us medics /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif I'm sure somewhere there are good medics in the army, but Hosptial Corpsmen are much better trained-and well rounded. And in most cases we're all they have (no M.D.'s...hence the nickname 'doc')
    <off soap box>
    Happy Halloween all!

6. BlueBlazer

Who cares what branch he served in, he still went over there and fought which is more than Tim has done. The guy is a terrible candidate and person, but saying that he is not a soldier is ignorant and denies the fact that he WAS over there and DID fight, whether courageously or not, he was there.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Tyler, you're treading on the wrong ground making those statements. Why don't you sign up and go off and see what it takes to earn that title and then you can come back and make statements like that.

I had every intention of making the military my career as an officer, that's why I joined the National Guard. I injured myself which has now ended it, not by my choice. I didn't purposely injure myself so I could get out of fighting a war like Kerry did, I hurt myself in the line of duty and that's that.

Kerry is no soldier, nor will he ever be, and I'm really sick and tired of people referring to this scum as such.

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought all persons currently in and that had been in the military were refered to as Soldier's? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You thought wrong. Soldier isn't a title that's given. It must be earned.

[ QUOTE ]
    It's nice little semantics like this that most civilians will never understand. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, especially since one seems to think it means nothing to us and shoot off at the mouth. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif To not know better is one thing, but to purposely justify the media referring to him as a Soldier makes me sick.

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In all fairness to Tim, he has seen more action than you have to this point. [​IMG]

9. BlueBlazer

I am not the one questioning other people's military service, so you brought it on yourself.

Edit: How are you any more of a soldier than Kerry?

10. BlueBlazer

Agreed, but has Tim actually been overseas and fought? If not, then he has no place questioning if a man who HAS fought overseas is a soldier or not.

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In all fairness to Tim, he has seen more action than you have to this point. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

And more than he will ever see, and he'll never understand how wrong he is, but that's too bad. He's the one missing out.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Agreed, but has Tim actually been overseas and fought? If not, then he has no place questioning if a man who HAS fought overseas is a soldier or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you do, why?

13. BlueBlazer

Am I questioning anybody's right to be called a soldier? The answer is no, what part of this do you not understand?

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Who cares what branch he served in, he still went over there and fought which is more than Tim has done. The guy is a terrible candidate and person, but saying that he is not a soldier is ignorant and denies the fact that he WAS over there and DID fight, whether courageously or not, he was there.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not ignorant or denies anything. Try calling a Marine a soldier. Same damn thing.

Granted John Kerry may have soldiered, and Marines may have soldiered, but neither of them are soldiers. John Kerry earned the right to be called a sailor, but he never earned any right to be called a soldier.

It's a convuluted thing for a civilian to understand, but it is also an area that they have not earned the right to tell a soldier or a Marine or a sailor what they did or what they earned.

So with that being said, want some Kool-Aid? I only have one flavor, but it seems fitting that it would be right up your alley in this thread.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. BlueBlazer

Don't know what the whole Kool-Aid thing is all about, but whatever. I guess I did not realize how important titles are to military people, so I stand corrected there. However, I do not think it matters what branch you served in, as long as they were in the line of fire at some point, they are all heroes, so why are we even having this discussion?

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't know what the whole Kool-Aid thing is all about, but whatever. I guess I did not realize how important titles are to military people, so I stand corrected there. However, I do not think it matters what branch you served in, as long as they were in the line of fire at some point, they are all heroes, so why are we even having this discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Tim felt that he needed to clarify something for the greater understanding of the CK5 community and you felt it was neccessary to disagree with him on the issue, which he is more knowledgable on and you continued the discussion...........................

Clear as mud????????????????????

17. BlueBlazer

Is that what you believe Tim meant by his post? If that was the case, why did he just not say "He was not a soldier, he was a sailor"? That would have clarified it for all us civilian folk without making it sound like Kerry fought dishonorably or cowardly. The way he worded his post sure made it look like he was implying the latter.

18. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

so people that faught in the civil war are not soldiers because they did not fight over seas? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif [​IMG]

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Kerry being a hero is very questionable considering it's widely thought that the shrapnel that caused him to get at least two of his purple hearts came from his own grenade. While it doesn't matter if they did or not, (still qualifies for the award) his third injury he was never treated by a medical officer for so that makes it very questionable as well.

Kerry as a war hero is a very grey area in my opinion since we really don't know.

That said, titles like that are all the recognition for performing to standard in the military. Before you go to basic training your title is, "Privates" or, "Scumbag" or whatever. Graduating through the rights of passage earns you, "Soldier" along with affectionate titles like, "Troop" "Joe" and stuff along those lines. Nobody gives you attaboys in the Army for performing to standard--it's expected. And if you DON'T perform, expect to get your ass chewed, because that's the way it is.

These titles, and once in a while, a little colored strip of cloth, is the only recognitition we get (and the ralleys from the American public once in a great while). We're wet, cold, and dirty for nights on end.....and that's just training! We enjoy it, and that's why we do it, and we don't need a civilian to pat us on the ass and tell us what a good job we are doing.

What we don't need is some loudmouth civilian jackass to tell us that we haven't done anything. There's plenty of risk involved just in training for war, and plenty of people spend long honorable careers without ever going.

If all I can do until my enlistment is up (or I am medically discharged) is train other Soldiers, it will all be worth it to me. Whatever I can do in my current condition to support our Soldiers fighting for freedom, I will.

20. BlueBlazer

Now thats pickin fly [censored] from pepper isnt it, you know what I meant /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif