Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Classic Industries - Dash Pad

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 2Dogs, May 27, 2003.

1. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Anyone use this company?

http://www.classicindustries.com/

They have Dash Pads in colors for 190. LMC sells them for 229 in black only.

2. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

I've bought several things from Classic Industries. Good company. No problems. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

you must have a differant catalog than mine. Mine list them from $229.95 or $271.00. Must be on sale.

3. 2Dogs

Here is the part # from the on line catalog.

W8191647

It is a reproduction part.

4. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Here is the part # from the on line catalog.

W8191647

It is a reproduction part.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, same one is $229.95 in my catalog (2002). That's a good price on sale /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Like I said I've ordered a few things from them and been pleased so far. They have some stuff in there that you can't find other places.

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

On a related note, can I swap in a 90 dash pad into my 74 Blazer?

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'd really want to hear from someone thats used one of their pads before I buy one, either that or they better have one hell of a return policy.

Not a bad price, but you've still got to paint to match (unless black interior) and there are enough "tricky" areas on the dash pad that it would be very easy for there to be fitment issues.

7. 2Dogs

No. The one that I listed is a reproduction in Grey.

I will probably order it soon.

8. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

check out this place, they have very good prices on parts...call them as they don't have the 73and up on the web sight yet... the Truck Shop

9. dyeager535

[ QUOTE ]
    No. The one that I listed is a reproduction in Grey.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake, I had a few windows open and must have browsed to cheyenne pickup parts /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Not a bad deal, looks like part of that bit about the dash pad is a leftover, talking about paint to match, but listing the colors right below.

The GM pad isn't actually that much either, I'd have to double check, but I think LMC is more expensive for the OEM pad.

10. 2Dogs

WOW!!! Shipping is $80 for the pad and door panels.

The same combo from LMC (dash pad in black only) is about $50 less. I can buy the grey carpet dash cover for less than that.

Anyone use or recommend a nice carpet cover for the dash? I am not a big fan of the carpet covers....

Dorian, does GM still make the OEM pads?

11. dyeager535

I believe GM is still *selling* (doubt they make them anymore, but who knows) the pads, but they want something like $400+ last I heard. I can look up the part number in a couple of days if you like so you check, unless someone on here already has that P/N.

Shipping is gonna kill you unless you can get it locally. A pair of door panels alone cost $33 to ship via UPS, (private transaction) so its not like they are screwing you, thats just how much it costs to ship heavier (and I thought door panels were light!) items. Even 5lbs now runs $10 through the USPS. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. 2Dogs

Thanks. Yeah, shoot me the part # for the dash pad and I'll try GM parts direct.

From Classic the dash pad shipping is killing me because UPS calls it oversize or some crap like that. The door panels were not bad.

Having LMC come in $40 less with a higher price dash makes me wonder about Classic's shipping arrangement. The stuff from Classic comes from LA and I doubt LMC is closer.....

Thanks!

13. dyeager535

You might need to PM me in a day or so to remind me...

Since you are in CA, could you (if you were close enough) pick up the parts directly? Just thinking out loud if any members live in the LA area and plan on taking a trip out your way...

14. 2Dogs

Hehe, already thought about the road trip /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When (if) I get my shite together I will try to contact the
    Big Dawgs (So. And No.) and see if anyone is travelling.

15. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I went with the LMC version. The box it came in said it was Genuine GM replacement part with the GM logo on it but it is not an exact repro. It is heavier that the original and is flexable. The factory was stiff. This is a problem because the dash does not lay flat. It has a valley in the middle. It also just barely fit. I am still not done adjusting it.

Overall it looks good since it has no cracks or wear but I would have rather found one out of a parts truck but here in AZ, they all have cracks. I have black interior so the single black color choice was not a problem.

My order was over $1000 so the shipping was free. However, they stuffed all my parts inside the box of the rear quarter I ordered. The box was so big heavy I assume it was dropped a few times but all the parts were in good shape, they just did not fit quite right /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've used classic industries in the past for camaros and was always pleased with the quality but when it came to the blazer, LMC just had a better price for several of the things I ordered and they would waive the $100 truck freight for the rear quarter which classic would not. The classic camaro dash pads were good repros 10 years ago, I don't know about now...

16. 2Dogs

I am getting an LMC quote through a member here - that might help make my decision if I can save some $$$$

If I get it through LMC I will probably use the grey carpet cover on the dash pad. I hate those things but it will match better and last longer not being exposed to the sun.

Thanks for the 'quality' refernces! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

17. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

I bought my dash pad from Dashesdirect.com....LMC wants about $100 more..This is a reproduction, but it's alot sturdier than original, and supposed to resist cracking and fading..The thing looks and fits great, and comes in different colors..... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

18. 2Dogs

Ahhhhh, another source!!

Time to dubya-dubya-dubya.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks.

19. 2Dogs

Price - same as LMC, more than Classic.

LMC $230
    dashesdirect $230

20. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

Correction:

The box my dash from LMC said "GM Genuine Restoration Part" not "Replacement"

Oh ya, it was made by Dashesdirect.