Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CLAYTON CLOSED AGAIN

Discussion in 'Land Use' started by BILLY RAY, Mar 24, 2002.

1. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I HEARD CLATON OK. WAS CLOSED AGAIN. THE LAND OWNER AT 3 STAGE CLOSED THAT AND THE LUMBER CO. CLOSED OFF THE OTHER TRAILS. NOW THAT ONLY LEAVES A COUPLE OF AREAS. MAN THAT SUCKS!!

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

well.. let's get involved.. Billy.. how many times have you been to Clayton? Have you ever talked to the land owner's? do you think the land owners are being pressured by the Eco-Nazi's or just by a-holes tearing up the place and leaving all their junk behind?

3. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

mayb we could do a trail clean-up or something? maybe that will show them we care about the land,we need to show the eco-natzi that we want to have funand not destroy anything but our trucks (dents, axles,paint and pride) this may not sound right but you know what i mean, i hope.

4. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

I was talking to a kid a couple weeks ago online about some trails shut down by the owner because of abuse. I told him to get his buddy's together and clean it up for the owner even if he won't let you back in.

He did it and the land is now open to all. Sometimes they just need to know that you guys care enough.

That's what it is all about. If you want trails, you ALL need to do your part in maintaining the land. If all they see is the eco-nazis caring for the land, and motorized recreationists tearing it up, who do you think will win an argument.

Take a look at this article I recently wrote.
    http://www.rockcrawler.com/landuse/stories/solv2002/index.asp
    It should be noted that even though the Sierra Club made the list of participants, nobody actually saw them.