Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clayton, OK on Memorial Day, 2003

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by blk87K5, Sep 23, 2002.

1. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I will be there, along with a few friends of mine from up here. Yes, I do have friends, Billy Ray and Matt. Who will be up there? There are some bad ass trails up there, and I would like to have some other full size people up there to show the Heeps how to wheel. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Sorry Matt. Not really.

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Don't know how much truth there is to this, but I heard from a couple of wheeler's in Disney a couple of weeks back that Clayton is taking a real beating from hte "Eco-Nazis". Supposedly, quite a few of the more popular trails are SHUT DOWN. No names of the trails, I have never made it down there. Definately worth investigating.

John

3. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

These are the same trails that have been shut down for a while. They were on private or logging land that was abused by our fellow wheelers. Only takes one bad experience to ruin a farmers view on wheeling. My dad is going to Clayton for Oktoberfest, so I am sure I will be able to give a full report. There are still many hard-core trails, that are even worse than J & J and 3-stage, on FWD's private land. They aren't as long though.

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Cool, that may have to be the next wheelin' trip I take. Midwest guys make a run every spring to Disney, though.

John

5. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Currently not a big fan of Disney. It is a long trip for me from my old home, and there is better wheeling the same distance away. When they get the new land I have heard about surrounding the current wheeling land, it will be worth the trip.

6. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

There is a guy (farmer) in Clayton that has some land that you can wheel on and I have heard it is some pretty rough stuff. So you guys may look into that. Clayton is not big at all so I'am sure getting him name and numbers should not be hard. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif