Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clean Driveway

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cusm, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

What is the best product/way to clean oil/transmission fluid/power steering fluid stains off of my driveway? I have got about all of the leaks fixed and I need to try and clean my driveway now. And I prefer the easist(I mean LAZIEST) way possible. Thanks.

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

This might sound a little odd, but it works. Trust me, I have had almost every fluid you can think of spilled on my driveway at one time or another. Take some Comet(you know, the bathtub cleaner stuff), wet the driveway, sprinkle the Comet on the driveway and scrub. I use a big broom so I don't have to get down on my hands and knees. After you get it good and scrubbed, just hose it off! My driveway is almost spotless and this is how I kept it that way.

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</A>

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

i use TIDE....wet the cement....sprinkle it all over the infected area...scrub...rinse away...i just did this to my garage last night and it got up all of the 80/90 wieght that was mixed with brake clean, brake dust, rust etc....mama is happy now[​IMG]

AIRBORNE!!

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I use T.S.P. . Yor can get it at any hardware store

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

5. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

I also use tide, I mix the tide with water and scrub the paist into the oil. Then rinse it off.

[​IMG]IF EVERYTHING WORKS IT AINT A REAL TRUCK[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I just powerwash it until the stain doesnt show. My powerwasher has a solvent hose on it, i just mix some Simple Green with some water and it lifts up all sorts of fluids.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>pavement queen with shinny paint job and car tires</font color=blue>

7. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I use Castrol Super Clean. Spray the whole driveway with it and let it soak for about 15-20 minutes, then hit it with a high pressure hose nozzle (mine is a little smooth bore nozzle with a 3/16" orifice). Works really well, and doesn't cost more than 5 bucks.

8. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

This might sound strange, but somebody sent me an e-mail thing about CocaCola..and I swear it said ya can degrease yer driveway with it. I KNOW it said they degrease their delivery truck motors with it. Kinda makes ya wonder what it does inside ya!

"I'm not stuck...I'm just being as ONE with nature"

9. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

In 4wheel and Off-Road or Fourwheeler I read that If you put a can of coke in your washer with your clothes, it will take out all the oil and other stains.. I'm not making this up....it was in a 50 cheap tricks section. I would think that it would only make it sticky and brown. Someone should try it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]