Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cleaning a motor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rusty79, Sep 4, 2001.

1. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

Just a question about the best way to clean up an old Motor. The motor is a 350 out of a 79 pickup and was sitting out in a yard for about 6 months though it was covered with a tarp the intake has rusted beyond repair and i have a replacement for it that is in good order the block has about 70,000 miles on it when it was pulled and there is sludge built up around the rockers and in the lifter valley i was wondering the best way to go about cleaning this up the heads have not been pulled yet but will be to check the cylinder walls. right now i do not have the money for a rebuild wich is why it is going to stay with just a cleanup. BTW this is a stock motor from my understandig and i have not fired it nor seen it run. but for $80 you cant turn it down. Any help is appreciated
    Thanks in advance

2. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I'd strip it down, take it to a machine shop, and have it hot-tanked. Then put at the very least a low buck re-ring kit in it.

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>