Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cleaning advice to prevent rust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rampage, Aug 6, 2001.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I had the cowl off of my 89 the other day and noticed there was an access hole just below each wiper. Hmmm, wonder what the could be for? So I removed the plastic piece just under the fender/door, stuck a hose in the access hole and blasted some water in there. You wouldn't believe all the garbage that came shooting out of there. I would imagine that with all that crud in there it is a good place for water to collect and create rust. Just a piece of advice to prevent rust and it's easy to do.

2. ImpalaSS

ImpalaSS 1/2 ton status

yeap..... and you can stick a clothes hanger down there to help push some out....... than you can also put some gutter screen or something under the cowl to help get the leaves etc from not falling down in there!

68 SWB 4x4 1 of 1,449 made 327, 465 4 speed, rockwell tcase, edelbrock performer intake+carb, MSD pro billet http://communities.msn.com/68K10