Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cleaning engine internals

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by imconfused, Jun 18, 2000.

1. imconfused

imconfused Registered Member

I just removed my intake so I can install a new carb/intake and about had a heart attack!!! The engine is only 2 years old and appears to be in GREAT shape with the exception that some FOOL obviously used the old intake and did not bother to remove the old solidified oil that was burnt under the intake baffle(appearantly they NEVER changed the oil).When I removed the intake large chunks of this dropped into the intake valley and below . I was wondering if there is something that I can use to "flush" this out of the engine without doing any harm to anything else. Thanks for the advice!!!

2. Oil Man

Oil Man Registered Member

Yes, call Mag-Hytec and get two quarts of the LE-2300-LX. About $5.00 per quart. It breaks up carbon deposits and will disolve them and let your engine oil take them to the filter. Put 1 quart in your engine with a fresh oil change. Do this for the next two oil changes and you will have a clean sludge clump free engine. Mag-Hytec's number is 1-818-786-8325 or www.mag-hytec.com

Sincerely, Kevin

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

You can use ATF to do it. Jut put about 4 oz. in a shallow dish like a lid and suck it in thru the PVC valve. The chemicals in it shatter the carbon and dissolve it in the oil. You should probably do this before right before an oil change just to be safe in case I'm wrong.