Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cleaning jets/passages of carbs, tricks/tips

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Aug 3, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

any tips/tricks regarding cleaning out jets and passage ways of carb would be great, especially in the ones with old dried up white crud in them

other than air compressor and carb cleaner

thanks

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

extereme cleaner...

I have resurected a few aincient carbs that were all white,like cream of wheat,in the bowls and passages,by using battery electrolyte.--AKA "battery acid"--.parts stores sell it for filling batteries that come shipped dry..

Dont leave it in the solution for more than 10 minites or so(use a plastic pail,like a 5 gallon bucket)...after its clean,rinse thouroghly with water and baking soda to neutralize the acid,and flush with lots of water...dry in the sun,or use an air hose to blow dry it,or it will turn white again--its water that turns the zinc all pastey,so you want to make sure its all out!..

I have read online that Sani-Flush,"Vanish"or similar toilet bowl cleaner used the same way has worked too--dont put any brass parts or floats,or plastic parts in the solution,or they will "Vanish!" :doah: :crazy: