Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cleaning oil spots from driveway

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by beater_k20, May 11, 2005.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

my 91 K1500 has a pretty severe oil leak, and up until i bought my C2500 last night, didnt have time to do anything about it. now im left with a pretty big, deep stain on our concrete driveway. anybody got any ideas? tried some engine degreaser, scrubbed it in real good, then took the power washer to it. cut most of it, but still a noticable stain there. what do you use to cut oil stains?

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Greased Lightning works really well, but this is tech and belongs in the garage. This will be your only warning :D ;) :rotfl:

John

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I can't remember what it's called, but I bought a bottle of stuff like ten years ago in a parts store made specifically for cleaning stains from driveways, and it worked pretty good. I don't think it was perfect, but it did a pretty nice job.

Check a parts store, they may have something designed for this.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

That's right, they have it at Home Depot, can't remember the name though. I used it a while back and it worked pretty well. I want to say Dap (they make all kinds of solvents, wallpaper removers etc.) but don't hold me to it.

5. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Ha man i need to clean my whole street, i broke one of my tranny cooler lines so I used a rubber line to get home. After I got home I was going to go to the store, and the rubber must have poped off right as I started to back up, so I got a huge line of oil going out of my driveway and all the way down my street. Its so bad when i tell people how to get to my house i just tell them to follow the oil trail. :doah:

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My yards gravel and gravel driveway , if its get dirty in one spot I just rake the rocks around:whistle:

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

ACID works good.

8. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

what about rust stains?

9. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Before I started the rebuild on my hooptee it was sitting for a long time dripping oil out of the engine/tranny/frontdiff/powersteeringpump and as you can imagine there was a nice oil stain underneath. I used this stuff to get it off.

http://www.pour-n-restore.com

It worked pretty darn good. There's kind of a discoleration compared to the part where there wasn't any stain but it's not too noticable and maybe with another application it would make it even better. I'd definitely recommend it though. :thumb:

10. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I forget the name of it off the top of my head. Sapper recommended it to me for when he moved from housing. Sprayed it on the carport/driveway and let it sit for a while, then powerwashed it off. Took all stains off and looks like new when done. They sell it at Lowes and the Depot. Have to go and buy some tomorrow so will post up then. It is some form of acid though. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

will it kill grass? the area that's effected slopes down into the front yard. killing off a bunch of grass would be a very bad thing.