Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cleaning seatbelts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CyberSniper, Apr 18, 2004.

1. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Got any good ideas for cleaning seatbelts?

Mine are getting pretty gross. They weren't the cleanest things in the world when I got the truck and now that they've gotten muddy multiple times and have been cleaned with a toothbrush multiple times... they need more help. The passenger one usually stays clean but my copilot last time had no inclination to wear the f'ing seatbelt and kept leaving the f'ing window open.

Got any success stories? Products?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Have you tried simple green? Haven't tried it in that application, but it seems to be harmful to nothing, and a lot of people have sworn by it for mildew, etc., so I'd think it would be worth a shot?

Of course, you can always use dishwashing soap and a fingernail brush, that should get the soap worked into the fabric too.

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Try using a hand cleaner like GOOP with a stiff bristled brush or tooth brush. If it'll take stains out of clothes then it should clean seat belts too. Just don't use anything that may hurt the nylon like color safe bleach.

4. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

non chlorinated brake clean took the 90 weight out of my flatbeds seatbelts. dries quick too.

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Ive removed mine and handwashed them in warm water in the sink with very little dish soap. They come remarkably clean. I would be hesitant to use a chemical on them or a stiff brush /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I second the Simple Green. If you can get em off, throw em in the wash machine with some <font color="green"> SG </font>

7. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

i use brody chemicalblue pumice hand soap, rinse with water
    perfection everytime, I have not found anything this stuff won't get out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif